Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counterfeit Blue Fox!
I was down yonder Cabelas way, and noticed that they are selling Cabelas brand knock offs of the Blue Fox Vibrax spinners. They look to be pretty cheaply made, but hell, they're half the price. Plus they added a TubeDude pattented bling bead. Naturally I had to pick up a few.

I bought some legit Blue Foxes as well, and plan on doing a side by side and see how they compare. Anybody tried them yet? I don't know how long they've been out. I'll post a couple pictures.
[signature]
"Imitation" is a better word. If it were labeled, packaged and sold as a Blue Fox it would be a counterfeit. The Cabela's package makes no claim of that at all.
[signature]
[#0000FF]The Foxes are proven fish callers...with that noisy rattle bell. But when the fish get closer the colors, flash and other factors can make a difference in whether or not they chomp your offering.

Those "bling beads" are on most of the spinners I make anymore. I have fished identical spinners side by side...one with a red or orange bead and the other without. The beaded ones usually get a noticeably greater strike ratio. My personal theory is that it represents a salmon egg...or similar.

Howsomever, with any lure there is a lot more to it than just the lure itself. Depth, speed, fish activity level, water conditions and other factors all enter into the equation for whether or not you get bit.

Here are a couple of pics of spinners I do best with. Some I make with trebles and others with single hooks. The latter are good for adding a short length of crawler.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I'm pretty sure that's what Barbie uses. But hey, if they work....
[signature]
That was my attempt at humor... [bobhappy]
[signature]