Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
henreys lake
last week the lake turned on.they have been catching some dandys up to 12lbs .just drift fishing with flys.at last[laugh][fishon]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. It's about time.
[signature]
Wild Rose Ranch has been posting pictures that show the lake is starting to turn on . It was 31 degrees in camp last night .
[signature]
Tried trolling on saturday evening did not catch anything had a hard time keeping weeds off the lures and tryed again Sunday morning but the wind kicked up and told me no right when I got to my honey hole had four foot waves coming over bow of my little boat
[signature]
Have they lifted the algae bloom warning .
[signature]
my buddies have been letting the wind drift them and been casting and striping flies and were picking up some nice fish in 3 to6 pounds. some in the cabin area have been picking some up on bait from shore. don't know about the algae.love the cold in the morning!!
[signature]
Today fishing was slow but caught two nice ones .
[signature]
I was just about to reply "not nice unless they're brook trout". Then I looked at the second pic. NICE!
[signature]
Nice fish! Bait or flies?
[signature]
Bait from the bank .
[signature]
[quote brookieguy1]I was just about to reply "not nice unless they're brook trout". Then I looked at the second pic. NICE![/quote]

Was thinking the same thing, sure wish the brooks in Henry's weren't so washed out.

Great looking fish Curt. Have some friends on FB that hit it yesterday and they caught some hogs. Seems the numbers are way down but the size is up from previous years.
[signature]
Me and my wife will be there tomorrow. If I catch any nice ones I will post a report .
[signature]
I have seen a few really nice colored up males from Henry's. I think they're some of the fewer non-sterile ones.
[signature]
To my understanding, it is a strain issue. The particular strain they plant just look like that. I don't know the specifics, but recall reading about it.
[signature]
Tried fish it yesterday for 2 hours . Wind was bad . Not 1 bite .
[signature]
The fishing is getting better at Henry's .
[signature]
Spectacular might be the word! Beautiful fish!
[signature]
Awesome pics/fish!
[signature]
Another picture from a lucky fisherman .
[signature]
That's just not possible. Henry's is in a down hill slump, doncha' no'.

[Wink]

Great fish!
[signature]