Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dove hunting
Got out with Jmorfish last week for some dove hunting. My first dove hunting trip in over 20 yrs. Man am I a bad shot[crazy]. We were doing pretty good until we got kicked off the private land. We had permission to hunt there and Jmorfish had hunted there the day before as well as last year with no problems but I guess someone turned us in, so it ended our fun for the day in that location. We did try another location and picked up a few more birds but it was a lot slower in that location. All in all it was a good hunt and I was able to take a few birds home. Thanks Jmorfish for the invite.
[signature]
Why were kicked off of land that you had permission to hunt?
[signature]
I guess even though it was private land, that we had permission to hunt, one of the neighbors called the sheriff and turned us in. The sheriff was ok about it but he said he had to file a report and ask us to move 1/4 mile to the West. We were almost 1/2 mile from the house that called the sheriff and there is no way a low brass shot gun shell pellets would carry that far but we did not want to argue with him, so it was easier just to move.
[signature]