Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La Sal Archery Elk Hunt
Greetings. Thought I might update ya'll on the progress of my tag on the La Sal mountains in SE Utah. My responsibilities with work and the ranch have kept me from going down until September 1st through Labor Day. WE HAD A BLAST! The bulls are just starting to talk down there and we saw bulls everyday. My wife and son and daughter were with me and we spent 4 great days chasing elk on an absolutely beautiful mountain. Lots of people were down recreating for the holiday and we saw a few bear hunters dogging bears. Even "rescued" a lost hound and reunited him with his owner. Found a great bull all alone just leaving water early one morning and plan to hunt him hard when I return alone on the 8th. Will spend the last 9 days of the hunt and hoping the rut kicks in a little harder in the coming days. I will have lots of pictures to post on my return. Hopefully, some will have my ugly mug smiling like crazy next to a 340+ beautiful bull with an arrow puncture wound that was quickly fatal.

For those of you that have never experienced the La Sal Mountains, I urge you to find time to explore them. And take note of the huge sections of state owned trust lands that are managed by the State of Utah for all of us. They are beautiful and may change your mind on the "mis-management attitude" some folks have about Utah controlling federal land, inside our state boundaries. I will keep ya posted. Cross your fingers and toes for me as I need all the luck I can get.
[signature]
Wishing you all the best on your quest for a big bull, looking forward to some pictures.
[signature]