Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard today, me too, me too
[sly] After some business in Ogden, got on the water at north marina at 0940. Very few rigs in the lot and one other launching in a nice Tracker just before me.
Partner wanted to try some crank bait trolling, so we did. Didn't produce anything. Set up off of Eagle Beach, partner pulled in the first catch of the day. Nice dinner size kitty. Then she boated and released 2 junior Wiper before I got my first nibble [:/]. We moved around a couple times trying to get on top of the waypoints I had saved where I've had good luck on early fall cats. But for me, all they produced today was 2 more junior Wiper, both released. Catching was slow, but at least not skunked, and undressed the one Cat there at the north station for the ride home. Will be having that pair of fat fillets tomorrow. Nice, quiet, not too windy, not too hot, good company day.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Haven't had the boat on the water since mid July, looks like this weekend may be a good time to give it another shot before winterizing her.
[signature]
[quote Tin-Can]Very few rigs in the lot and one other launching in a nice Tracker just before me.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]That would have been me and my friend in his brand new 20 footer. The big motor only has 4 hours on it. Didn't see any BFT logos on your gear or know it was you when I said hello or I would have introduced myself. We fished until 2:30 and never had a single hit. First Willard skunk of the year for me.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]And Pete - it's a little early in the year to put the boat up. There will be some great fishing right up through November. [Smile][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[quote dubob][quote Tin-Can]Very few rigs in the lot and one other launching in a nice Tracker just before me.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]That would have been me and my friend in his brand new 20 footer. The big motor only has 4 hours on it. Didn't see any BFT logos on your gear or know it was you when I said hello or I would have introduced myself. We fished until 2:30 and never had a single hit. First Willard skunk of the year for me.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]And Pete - it's a little early in the year to put the boat up. There will be some great fishing right up through November. [Smile][/#800000][/font][/quote]

Agreed, September and October usually yields some of the best fishing of the year, I usually don't put our boat up until the snow starts flying and it's too cold to fish with a thin pair of gloves. I am going to even attempt a gorge trip in November when the bigger macs are aggressively feeding for winter, but we will see how that goes.
[signature]
Bob, I thought that may have been you, but didn't recognize the boat. My BFT decals are on both side of the bow, and the transom, but we may have still been getting the cover off when you pulled up. The new cover comes down over all my decals. Sorry you ended up with an empty live well yesterday. I have been there countless times myself. Plan to go back out tomorrow morning. But out of the south end this time, and earlier in the morning. Seems I have better luck between 7 and 10 AM down off the feed lot.
[signature]

Cool
Yesterday leaving the island on my way back to the rocks I could see a small boat anchored north west of the coffer. I could see what I thought was a white flag thinking it was you, getting closer I could see it was a net so there was no need in approaching any closer.

Tuesday I fished the coffer and picked up several nice cats before it shut down. Nothing there yesterday.

When you fish in that area are you to the east or south west of the coffer nearer the feed lot?

Richard J
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]

Cool