Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another drone fisher
http://i.imgur.com/PlCjscG.gifv

Pretty cool, this is what I would have done as well. Use the drone to troll over a school and have a line clip to a real fishing pole
[signature]
Really effective way to catch fish that are close to the surface.
[signature]
Real effective way to get your offering way out there as well as to place it perfectly. I fish for sturgeon below the dam in Hagerman. Over the years we have gone so far as to launch boats in order to get our bait where we know the fish are holding. Using a drone for the same thing would be much easier.

The addition of a simple R/C servo to release the bait at the desired moment would allow you to precisely place your offering where the current was just perfect without having to cast.

Also, like downriggers did, drones will allow you to use much lighter tackle and still be able to cast as far as you have the line to. Think of shore fishing and being able to deposit your 1/4 oz offering 200 yds off shore...while using your 6' med light rod.

Being able to drop a lure into a school of boiling wipers from 100 yds away...
Being able to drop a bait in the shallows without spooking them with the boat...

Time to drone up!
[signature]
Regarding this part:

[quote Troll]... Over the years we have gone so far as to launch boats in order to get our bait where we know the fish are holding. ...[/quote]

In our context of drones, would this be actual boats or radio control model boats?

I've been shore fishing a lot lately and have given radio control model boats some thought. I like that concept better than flight as it can linger and function longer not having to use power to support it's weight as buoyancy does that at zero expenditure of energy.

I'm even thinking it can be a little large with a large battery to have a fancy sonar with full telemetry to display the screen remotely to your monitor as you shore fish.

In a way, I've been getting into a low technology and more conventional fishing method of getting longer casting distance without fancy drone technology. I've just started getting prepared for surf fishing. The manufacturer of my surf casting rods tells me ordinary people (not champion competition distance casters) are casting 200 yards with his rods.

When I walk a shore line stopping to cast out in a fan pattern, I'm covering a lot of water and have been very successful with that. More casting distance would allow me to cover even more water and cast along the shore to splash nowhere near the fish it passes over for the ability to retrieve a lure by fish that aren't spooked by the splash.

I have thought about the radio controlled boat and still see advantages, but I'm also thinking casting one of the top castable fish finders can also produce a lot of good results fast by getting sonar images upon each retrieve.

I even think of a submarine version when ice fishing with telemetry to do the same under the ice. How about an autonomous submarine that I just drop through the ice with it having instructions to go find a school of fish and transmit the GPS coordinates to me to go fish there? Again buoyancy would greatly reduce the demand for power and allow a longer linger or mission time.
[signature]