Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard, nice day, no skunk
Last couple nights, BIG FULL Moon. Today, weather just about picture perfect on WB. Because I think I've worn out the Feed lot and Coffer dam area, and because last week I got told I was on the wrong side of the lake (probably was, for last week) I headed direct from the south buoy line to the west wall. Got about 20 yards off the wall in an average of 10-12 feet and headed north along the wall. Dropped my trolling plate to the 45 degree slot, set my throttle, and slow trolled lazy S turns towards the lite pole. 41 minutes on the water, and only about 15 minutes with my lines out. Dragging one Fire Tiger rat-l-trap, and one (I don't know what you would call it) light green and white Rat-l-trap at .9 to 1.2 mph, both lures gently bumping off the bottom. Left side line took off heading north east like it was snagged on the Front Runner (I know, Front Runner don't go that far, yet) had a good 3 to 5 minute tug-a-war with something with big shoulders. Got it to the net, and it's one of the bigger Wiper I've caught this year. I've released so many junior size Wiper, I decided to keep this one for dinner. Got thing I did. Never got another nibble the rest of the day. But I kept the skunk out of the boat another day, had a nice peaceful few hours on the water, and pulled out just about the time the power squadron rush started. Glad I was at the south end. Went to north marina to use the cleaning station, and that parking lot was 3/4 full and the usual "zoo" on the ramp.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks for the report Forest. Sounds like a fun fight. I love wipers for that battle. Later J
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]TC,

Has the cleaning station been replaced yet? Have they even started working on it yet? [/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
No Sir. As of Saturday, the south station was uncovered like it was the past couple weeks, and the plumbing on the top all taken down and laying on top. But no evidence that I could see of anything happening with replacing it.
[signature]

Cool
[#0000FF]Kinda reminds ya of the Highway Dept. orange cone storage program along a lot of our roads. Traffic slowed down, congested or diverted for miles...but no evidence of any work being done.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Glad they have 2 stations, I'd be real mad to pay to get in and no cleaner. Glad I a pass.
[signature]
Cleaning station was covered today and the brand new vault toilets still aren't open, hopefully by next year[:|].
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I suspect you are right about that Curtis. With October almost on us, there is no chance that the new station will be open this year. It really is Sad that the Parks & Rec bureaucracy functions so poorly in Utah.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]And let's not forget that effective this year, everybody that registers a watercraft of any kind in Utah pays an additional $5 fee for the privilege that goes to the Parks & Rec agency. I haven't been able to find out just exactly what that $5 fee increase is to be used for; have any of you?[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
That extra $5 must not be for better Ranger pay, or more Rangers. I think this year has been the least I have seen any Ranger presence on the water than any year I can remember since 2004.

And while on the subject of general state park issues, I saw 2 buoys on WB out near the west wall last Saturday. I know they aren't for the island, cuz they are too far west and too far apart, and the water over the island isn't really shallow enough yet to need buoys. And I don't think they broke loose from somewhere else on the water cause they didn't move all day.
Anybody know what they are there for ? Are they marking a couple new sunk boats?
[signature]

Cool