Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to look forward to at WB
Well, it's been over a week since I've been out to Willard and can't wait to get back out. Talking or writing about fishing is the next best thing to ease the urge.

Wondering what to expect this time of year . Reports are changing a little and seems that there is a decent cat fish bite at times. Hopefully ,I will get out Tuesday and was planning on trolling cranks to start then maybe drifting with plastics after I find fish , any other better ideas ? How big are the shad now ? And how much longer do they feed on them ? Just throwing stuff out there that I'm curious about . I'm sure I'll find out for myself soon enough , I enjoy sharing and getting info from the people in here. I had a great summer fishing WB and hope this fall will be great too . Thank for any and all responses
[signature]
I've been finding cats right on the rocks on the west side. Every trip I also get a wiper or two and I've started seeing more SMBs. Saturday my brother (CVFisher) and his son took out the boat and caught some fish throwing gulp minnows toward the bank and slowly reeling them back in. I did much better today with crystal buggers on my fly rod out of my float tube.ry

Larry
[signature]
Thanks Larry , I'll try throwing stuff at the bank . I was going to try a worm under a bobber on the other pole ,trying to keep close to the bank if possible . If the wind is blowing it might make it difficult . I've mostly just trolled close to the dikes so far with cranks but this sounds good to me
[signature]