Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tornado
Although rare for our part of the country, my thoughts & prayers go out to those who were caught in this destructive storm and hope recovery goes good for those folks impacted by the tornado that hit Washington Terrace & Riverdale on Thursday. Wiperhunter II-Curt hope things are well with you.
I use to live in the heart of tornado alley in Oklahoma City and grew up in the southern states where this activity is a way of daily life and seen destruction first hand of neighborhoods leveled.
[signature]
Thanks Roger, it came pretty close, two blocks away. Two houses were pretty much destroyed but thank God there were no deaths. Lots of trees uprooted or snapped off about half way up. Most of the damage was caused by falling trees except for the house that was lifted off it's foundation and its garage next to the house was totally destroyed, it looks like it was just crushed. I was outside when it hit and lucky for me I was on the opposite side of my house from where the wind came from. It was over in a matter of minutes but neighbors are still hauling away the fallen trees. Its amazing the number of people that have showed up to help. Three huge power poles were snapped in half and we were without power for over 24 hours. I was glad I decide to buy a generator years ago, that was the longest I have run it at one time, since I bought it. I have lots of relatives in Alabama and they have major hurricanes or tornado [:/] that destroy miles of land and houses at one time. We are lucky we live in a state where that type of destruction does not happen but these small ones are plenty scary.
[signature]
Here is some pics of the damage. In pics 10 and 11 those are new power lines in the back ground and the old ones are laying on the lawn in another pic.
[signature]

Wow ... that is just scary crazy!
[signature]
I hope that is the last one I see in my neighborhood[crazy]. I saw some video a guy took in Layton from the same day and it did not even hit there, I can't imagine how bad it was right in the eye.
[signature]
that's just crazy i'm glad there were no deaths and you are ok
[signature]
Curt, didn't know you lived up that way. I used to live on 200 about 1/2 block south of the house in you photo # 3, straight across the street from the LDS Church. My son and daughter and grandson still live there. They only had some minor siding damage and a part of their back yard fence blew down.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool