Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grasmere
I see that they continue to plant very large numbers of trout at Grasmere. Has anyone tried fishing it recently? Every time I pass it on the way to Mount. View/Sheep Creek, I wonder about it. No one ever seems to post anything about it on this site. A general response or private reply would be appreciated. Mike
[signature]
Pretty sure its dry this fall! I was down there and alot of the larger lake are less than half full, Grasmere is not very big or deep.
Matt
[signature]
I've fished it 3 times over the years. Caught a grand total of 0 (zero) fish.......
[signature]
Fish and Game announced that they are planting 20,000 5" trout in Grasmere this week. This is an annual occurance, and yet there seems to be very little pressure on it. Confusing! Mike
[signature]
little blue, big blue, shoofly, bybee reservoirs have enough water, they are the bigger reservoirs out there, shoofly maybe to low also, I doubt they will put fish in Grasmere, they would not survive if there is even water in them, these reservoirs are hard to get too, most of them anyway, 4x4 roads with lots of rocks, not sure you can get a boat too any of them most of the year, I have tried fishing in little blue and big blue while hunting down there, nothing but squaw fish, I have heard there are some big trout in those reservoirs thou, you just have too know they do not have much pressure for a reason, the weather and terrain are unforgiving down there and its in the middle of nowhere! trust me if you have a problem down there you better have supply's for days or in very good shape. My dad and I came across 2 guys a couple summers ago stuck down by shoofly, they had been there for 2 days, looked horrible, mosquito bites from head to toe, look like they had been through a meat grinder. If you go, let somebody know exactly where you are going and do not go off of that plan, there is no cell service there what so ever for a long ways. Good luck if you go,
Matt
[signature]
Thanks, Matt. A fellow posted pics of some monster trout from these reservoirs about 5 years ago, but that was the last report. You're right, I look at the roads and have second thoughts. Mike
[signature]
Grasmere is about 3 blocks off the hwy and you could drive a corvette there. I have caught several 20+ trout there this year. Although is was in the spring.
[signature]
Thanks, mrichard, and welcome to the site. Hope to hear much more from you!! Mike
[signature]