Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Closure?
Well it is spread down the Jordan river now WOW

http://kutv.com/news/local/officials-uta...ver-canals
[signature]
When people aren't able to water crops because of the toxic alge your going to here a lot of screaming. Hopefully this will make the people think twice about dropping the lake this low in the future. I realize that God controls how much it rains/snows, but there is also a fair amount we can control with the water releases out of our reservoirs.
[signature]
It is heartbreaking to myself and grandkids not being able to fish such a treasured asset to us all. I live 80 miles away and still have tried to fish it when my family can go. I don't think Happy Valley will enjoy the odor that will happen soon
I might be doomed! those articles weren't posted yesterday. I assumed the river would be safe since the water was flowing. I kayaked the Murray area on Friday and crossed the river without waders on sunday in riverton area. So I was obviously soaked from both kayaking and crossing the river to fish. The river looked normal to me and I caught a lot of fish and luckily don't feel weird.
[signature]
Gross.
[signature]
My city now was shut off secondary water that comes from UT lake and is now using deer creek water. Wow what a mess humans have made. Better hope Deer Creek has enough drinking water and irrigation water for the whole year.
[signature]
"Of the seven plants that discharge into Utah Lake, only the Orem facility is currently meeting the limit, Baker said."

[url "http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=40706853&title=utah-lakes-algal-bloom-patch-closes-oquirrh-lake"]http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=40706853&title=utah-lakes-algal-bloom-patch-closes-oquirrh-lake[/url]
[signature]
Well, there's only one thing left to do... Everyone's gonna have to cut back on the high fiber and only use the restroom every other day. We will call it the restroom ration of 2016😬
[signature]
[Sad] This is [Sad] so Sad.[Sad] I'll bet these barriers [Sad] will be in place [Sad] until next year. [Sad][Sad]

I visited the scene of the tragedy today. The only [Smile] I saw was the carp frolicking in the pea soup. [Sad][Sad] Depressing.
[signature]
This is just a mess Lynn !
Thanx for the post and pics, sure didn't put a Smile on my face like the pics you and your crew are known for. Very disheartening...........

[mad] [crazy] [shocked] [crazy] [mad]
[signature]
Let me know how you do at Gunnison Bend? My in laws own a house on the shore there so I find myself there several times during the summer. I've seen fish jumping and heard all sorts of stories about white crappie and sacramento perch, but never gotten so much as a bite. A PM with tips would be much appreciated Big Grin
[signature]
Fished DMAD today. Caught about 50 fish. All pretty little yellow cats. Big fish of the day was 7". Have not fished Gunnison Bend in a while. Will be hitting it soon if Utah Lake isn't fish able.
[signature]