Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Pro Shops will acquire Cabela’s
Both Bass Pro and Cabela's have gone through growing pains. Johnny Morris, the founder of Bass Pro started with a warehouse operation in Springfield Mo. and has grown it into a mega operation. Likewise, Cabela's started out in Kerney, Nebraska as a family operation and has grown into a mega operation. Over the years they have both acquired several big names in the Outdoor's field. Cabela's bought out Herter's one of the original mail order outfitters. Bass Pro has acquired Red Head and several other apparel companies over the years. Both have proprietary labels and brands and both are major players in the Hunting and Fishing retail business. I don't see Bass Pro making any major changes right off and I don't see them building a Bass Pro Shop here in Utah any time soon, with two Cabela's outlets here already. I could be wrong, but I don't see any major changes right away. Regarding prices, the margins in hunting and fishing are very slim. The profit is in clothing, camping gear, and accessories. Not much will change there, other than Cabela's name being put on some of Bass Pro's lines and vise a versa. It will be interesting.

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Dog-lover] Bass Pro Shops will acquire Cabela’s - by Therapist - 10-04-2016, 03:57 AM