Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waynes words problems
Looks like the Waynes Words message boards have been hacked and can no longer be saved. Wayne is looking for other servers that could do the job. Would there be a way that those message boards could move over to the BFT website. We have 2 trips planned for this month and are greatly missing the world of knowledge on those boards. Just a thought.
[signature]
Let me take that up with the Mod's in the know better than I and I'll try and get back... May depend on format and of course the non-advertise clause and no links to other forums could be issues... but I am probably not as familiar with Wayne's Words as I should be to make a judgement... Do you have an example of what we could expect to see? If it was in the form of a post like BearLakeFishGuy does for bear lake I'm sure it would be acceptable... My knowledge of Wayne's Words is it is a Lake Powell report, is that correct? Anyway get me a few answers and we'll look further... J
[signature]
Along with his fishing reports they had a full on running forum too.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I guess we need to understand what they are asking to do exactly? I think the reports and such would be fine as long as they abide by the BFT rules. And forum conversations should be good with the same requirements to stay within our rules, which aren't terribly strict. Probably more difficult for them to adjust to the new system, but I'm sure members would enjoy the great details on Powell that I seen in a previous report I viewed. I suspect many members are already familiar with the resource. So those of you in the know, help us answer the questions. Thanks J
[signature]
Quote:Waynes Words message boards have been hacked and can no longer be saved

Could you expand on that? Does that mean all data from their message boards has been lost and they want to take this opportunity to point users elsewhere? I'm just curious as to what about the boards "can no longer be saved".
[signature]
According to their web site all data on their message boards were corrupted and will be lost, they plan to start over with some type of chat line.
BFT has offered to be the host for their new board but they have not replied so far.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]
BFT has offered to be the host for their new board but they have not replied so far.[/quote]

This is an interesting thought. Would this mean a new lake Powell only board under the Utah boards?
[signature]
With all of the links that they used to post in their threads from time to time I think that intrest would die off pretty quick. BFT has some strict rules about posting links.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
[quote a_bow_nut]With all of the links that they used to post in their threads from time to time I think that intrest would die off pretty quick. BFT has some strict rules about posting links.[/quote]

If this does come to fruition then they would have to follow BFT board rules.
[signature]
Looks like they have found a solution and hope to have the boards back up by the weekend.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout][quote wiperhunter2]
BFT has offered to be the host for their new board but they have not replied so far.[/quote]

This is an interesting thought. Would this mean a new lake Powell only board under the Utah boards?[/quote]
Yes but since they have not returned any phone calls or replied to any Emails, I kind of doubt they are interested at this point, but according to the info they have posted, Wayne is really busy during the week, with work on the lake, so who knows for sure. I do know he said he did not want to deal with a lot of advertisements, so that could be the problem as well.
[signature]