Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Elusive(Wall Mounter)
I have this awesome large root I found in the big wood river, fly fishing, 20 some years ago. It has several rocks embedded in it and it is really cool and is just waiting for that Trophy Fish to Set next to on the wall. That truly enormous fish that you just rarely see and would be very fortunate to catch in even a lifetime of fishing "A Trophy Fish". I've had some great catches of late, but none that I have personally deemed worthy of a Wall Mount..

Well I find myself on a little Idaho reservoir yet again,, following a lead from a local for slabs.. The fishing great but catching slow through the morning.. Of course I'm always looking for the crappies and though I found them and got some to bite, the ones I landed were small and they were so touchy and fussy. I had to switch tactics and try for some of the bluegills ,, I found a few nice gills and 2 sweet rainbows, but the star of the show were the Largemouth Bass. Gadzooks[bobyell] Do they Plant Florida Strain Bucketmouths in Idaho?!?! After Landing several of these Hoglike, very aggressive bass, one pushing 5 lbs., I was quite content to head on home a happy fisherman, but the fish kept biting, and well, It's hard to leave when the fish are biting[Wink] All of a sudden I hook into something big, I quickly realize it was swimming straight for the surface and is all I could do was hold on and enjoy the view. It erupted from the water staying parallel to the surface and violently shaking it's gigantic head and tail and spit the hook.[crazy] The splash was so loud it echoed through the canyon and made waves rocking my boat and I was left dumbstruck, shaking, heart pounding, and thinking to myself.. Did that really just happen?

Well My Trophy got away today, It was an amazing site to behold and I have caught my fair share of 10 lb channel catfish and carp. I checked the record books.. 10 lbs 15 oz. I think the fish I had on and lost was twice the size of the big one I landed. I saw it in full view from about 30' away.

I think I will do a catch and release replica when and if I ever get My first Trophy.. Pictured is my big fish of the day.

Idaho Rules!!
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/data...130251.jpg
[signature]
Nice fish story. I don't think a big cat would have looked good on that piece of wood and rocks. Need more bright colors and some flash to do the wood justice.
[signature]