Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing Boots
Hi guys still a little early to get the ice gear out , I know but I need a pair of good boots. I was just looking for some suggestion on a good warm dry boot that even keeps you dry when the slash monster hits. Don't want to spend too much but I know good craftsmanship isn't cheep.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
This is what I use. Had them for a couple years now and no issues.

[url "http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Baffin-Mens-Tundra-Winter-Boots/productDetail/Mens-Winter-Boots/prod9999009623/cat101540"]http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Baffin-Mens-Tundra-Winter-Boots/productDetail/Mens-Winter-Boots/prod9999009623/cat101540[/url]
[signature]
Baffin. I've been through many boots and Baffin is amazing. like walking with water poof pillows on your feet.
[signature]
There is only one boot, in my opinion, that will do what you want for cheap. It is the military Bunny Boot. You can pick them up on Ebay, Smith & Edwards, or other Army surplus stores for less $100. Here is a link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_boots
[signature]
I actually just wear my snowboard boots and they work like a dream. Dry, warm and really comfy. They are a little older (10 years) but in good shape and work great!!
[signature]
[quote Ahi1953]Hi guys still a little early to get the ice gear out , I know but I need a pair of good boots. I was just looking for some suggestion on a good warm dry boot that even keeps you dry when the slash monster hits. Don't want to spend too much but I know good craftsmanship isn't cheep.[/quote][#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"]It took me 35 years to wear out a set of the military bunny boots (also called mickey mouse boots) and my feet NEVER got cold wearing them. I replaced them with a pair of Baffins. The Baffins are good boots and my feet might get a little chilled after about 4 hours on the ice, but my feet never chilled wearing the bunny boots. Smith & Edwards normally stocks the bunny boots as well as the Baffins.[/font][/#]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
actually was looking at the Baffin this morning. I'll research the bunny a little. They are both in the price range the I'm looking for. Thanks guys.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
I have a pair of Baffin boots that I have really enjoyed.
[signature]
Muck Arctic Pro is the only way to go IMO.
[signature]
Like what DuBob and Bear Lake guy said, you can't go wrong with the genuine military surplus Mickey Boots...and you can always find them somewhere for $65 to $80 new, and $40 to $50 used...completely waterproof and you just can't get cold feet in them...but they are not light weight, so not the best if you're walking long distances...and if you like jumping out of planes with them, you can always adjust the air pressure valve!! Guluk...
[signature]