Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cutler Benson marina 10/15
looking for that last minute catfish. no luck on that but did hook into a nice walleye. hope I still have until midnight today. to find a 36 inch cat plan on trying this evening.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Wow nice eye. So I was there myself today but no eye for me. I did get 3 cats and a LMB and SMB. But not big enough for a bump. I got a 25" cat that was fat as I've ever seen and pulled so hard I really thought I'd get a bump but the bump board seemed to shrink him. Sure was fun though. Anyway yes you have till midnight tonight. Afraid I'm done though. Good luck. J
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]Wow nice eye. So I was there myself today but no eye for me. I did get 3 cats and a LMB and SMB. But not big enough for a bump. I got a 25" cat that was fat as I've ever seen and pulled so hard I really thought I'd get a bump but the bump board seemed to shrink him. Sure was fun though. Anyway yes you have till midnight tonight. Afraid I'm done though. Good luck. J[/quote]

sounds like a good day for you. that eye was the only fish for me. you must have been hiding in the cat tails. I didnt see a soul until about noon one guy on the other side of where I was and 2 guys in a bass boat just as I was about to leave. went to the bird refuge this evening but not even a bite had to quit early to pick up the little woman. So I am also done. sure was fun maybe one of the 30 inch will be 36 next year [bobhappy]
[signature]
I was in my pontoon and launched north of you about a mile at Muddy Road Outfitters. Went in and launched at Dads. I fished from 8:00 till 2:00 so it was slow but the cats were sure fun, guess I sort of forgot how powerful they are when I bank fish, but in the toon they pull ya all around problem is my second pole gets tangled up too often during the fight. But sure is fun. Sorry you didn't get a final bump, but what an incredible season you had. I think you had a dozen fish that would have bumped my score that you didn't even use. That's a lot of nice fish. Congrats. J
[signature]
Just moved here. Any suggestions on where and how to fish Benson Marina/Cutler Reservoir?
[signature]
[quote Ball5322]Just moved here. Any suggestions on where and how to fish Benson Marina/Cutler Reservoir?[/quote]

Welcome aboard Ball.

I don't fish Cutler enough to help you out but I can usually catch something on the northwest side of the bridge. Im still trying to learn that body of water myself. I'm mainly having trouble finding access places to shore fish. I have an old otter toon but havnt tried it there yet. The only places I have fished is the bridge and the church
[signature]
Good job on the walleye! Best eating fish I catch from that body of water. Nice picture!

Mike
[signature]
Hey Ball welcome to the forum and Cache Valley. Cutler is my home pond so I should know how to fish it but it constantly schools me. Cutler is very seasonal and this time of year is usually bass and crappie season but where to find them is always hard to do. Catfish is really good from early summer to now. Access is limited by bank, but floating opens the whole thing. When you know what you want to go after send me a PM and I'll try to help ya if I can. Later J
[signature]
I see the state actually planted some cats and eyes in Cutler this year. Hope that helps increase the numbers. I haven't caught an eye in two years so I hope to see a few more show up. I didn't think the cats were real plentiful this year either. Seemed like I had to work pretty hard for the cats I got this year anyway looking forward to some better numbers down the road a spell. Later J
[signature]
Nice fish.
[signature]
Hoping to try Cutler this weekend. I've got a little boat so I can go most anywhere. I'd love to target crappie and Walleye, but not sure how to fish something so shallow. Where's the best place to launch a boat? Any suggestions on finding the fish?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
[signature]
Ive never fished it from a boat but I would guess youd be ok to launch from benson marina. As for finding walleye I have yet to catch one from there but I have caught a few crappie over by the bridge on the rocks and submerged trees.
[signature]
Benson marina off 3000 N is a good place to launch. If you're after crappie and walleye try the bridge there at the marina, north side is deep and stacks up fish. Making them bite is another matter. Also try the railroad tressel south and east of marina. That area is deep also and stacks up fish this time of year. Try PMing me I might be able to run down and show you a couple other spots. J
[signature]
Hey if you have a fly rod take it with you... went down last night and there were lots of fish slurping something near the surface... I suspect some kind of immerger was just under the surface that they were eating... Pretty sure they were gills or crappie, so you may do well trying a different approach there... I may try it tonight and see if I can figure out what they wanted... Couldn't get a bite on the jigs... later J
[signature]