Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba updatem
Made a trip to check out the water levels and catch some kitty bait. Catching carp was no problem. Caught 32 in about two hours. Enough for spring fishing. Was surprised to see water level up some. The boat ramp is now open at Oasis; shallow but open.
[signature]
Wow, thats a good haul for only being there two hours, sounds like they were jumping in the net, if you don't mind me asking what was your bait for the day?
[signature]
I was using two inches of night crawler on a size 2 circle hook. I was fishing a tight line and they were hooking themselves!
[signature]
I launched my 22' center console at Oasis yesterday. No problems, but you must launch on the north side. Fishing was slow. Lost one big fish to a broken line. It's amazing to see Yuba this low.
[signature]
nice been wanting to get over there before ice up.. now if i can just get my big boat to run so i can go.. lol [crazy]
[signature]
Thanks for that report. I keep thinking I'll run down and do that too to stock up on some bait. I could drag the boat down, but I wonder if could catch some from shore near the boat ramp? One time I watched some guys catch a grudle of carp off of the docks. I guess it's been several years since I've fished from shore, might be kind of fun.
[signature]
Off the docks is where I caught all my carp. I got a surprise fish yesterday at Yuba. A 21" Brown Trout! I was field testing some lures that I made last winter, a suspending crank style lure. He slammed I on my second cast. Caught several juvenile sized walleye on the same lure. Think I will produce a few more. Glad the I recorded all particulars such as wood type, ballistic weight, and diving bill length. May just be a fluke but I'm hoping for more good results.
[signature]