Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American fork river fly fishing yesterday
After all the news about the river below Tible Fork resivour being covered with sludge from the bottom of Tible Fork. I had been driving up to the Tible Fork and watching what they are doing and had done. The report on the news that the the heavy metals sludge from the bottom of the resivour that came down the river had killed all the fish for 2 miles down I was heart broken. Since I live in Riverton and it is only 25 or 30 minutes till I could be on the river. The river has so much sludge built up along any place it could settle. I fished in the main campground above Timp. cave. There were times I was caught in the MUD almost up to my knees. At times it was hard to pull my leg out to walk. I had to avoid the water in any calm areas and stay where I could see the rocks on the bottom. Usually when I fly fish the river I catch 5 to ten little browns in a couple hours fishing. I never keep the fish. They are 6 to 11 inches and I want to catch them again. Besides I don't like trout they so so fishy but fun to catch. I really thought. I was going to to be skunked. But I finally had a miss and a while latter I hooked a little 6 or 7 incher. It breaks my heard what has happened to my favorite close fly fish fishing spot. I only hope the high spring run off will purge the river. And i hope the Tible Fork project Is as good as they say and worth it. VERY SAD
[signature]