Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderators Help
Not trying to be a pain. but is there a way for the October photo contest to be posted on the contest forum. with all the entries. any fishing reports or fishing related post are being pushed forward to next page very quickly.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
I agree! This forum is becoming unreadable in a hurry...
[signature]
This is the 4th or 5th contest the new owners have done, since they took over and by far the strongest number of members entering. The contest will be over soon but typically this time of the year is the slowest time for the BFT Utah board, with more members hunting or simply not posting because of the season. If you look at the number of post being made that are not contest related, you will see very few. That being said, if others feel the same way and they respond to this post, saying that they would like to see fewer contest pic post, we can move the pic contest post to the contest board.
[signature]
At least 3 others have alluded to this as being a pain in another thread, although I doubt one could find them now with the flood of October Photo Contest posts... It just seems that if there is a dedicated board for this, aptly named the CONEST BOARD, these posts should be located there. Sorry if I am being a pain, but it has become extremely annoying to me.
[signature]
I agree. More power to those entering the photo contest, and I wish them luck. But contest things should go in the contest forum.
[signature]
Yes, I saw them Tom and you are not being a pain but it is very labor intensive to move all of these post, it can be done but I'm not sure its worth it with only a few days left in the contest. Again, if there is enough support for moving them, we will do it. If we do move them, this is where they will go: http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...i?forum=79
[signature]
I have to agree with the others in this thread, it really does bury the current real posts in a hurry, so I think we should move them over... Might be good practice for me to help work on that... Later J
[signature]
So, there is not a November, December..... contest? If not, I agree, no need to bother at this point. If there are other photo contests, maybe make an announcement that all entries are to be placed on the designated contest thread on the contest board in order to be considered.
[signature]

ok wiperhunter . I agree this month has almost ended dont want to make it a big deal. Just a thought for any future contest of this nature.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
I also question why there are so many photo threads, mostly in triplicate form and is quite annoying, made me wonder if there was a glitch in the server or if people really require that much attention with so many of the same thread titles. It would be best to keep them all in a pinned thread or sub-forum on here.
[signature]
The contest allows as many entries as you want so I think a lot of folks are entering as many as they have that meets the criteria not knowing what the judge will like or choose... All of those posts are titled the same so they are considered in the contest, so it looks like multiple same entries where they are probably different photo's... Like they say it will be over soon... Later J
[signature]
+1 I agree. Late now, but if another Photo Contest is scheduled, how about it's own thread like the Catfish Contest ?
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
[quote CVfisher]So, there is not a November, December..... contest? If not, I agree, no need to bother at this point. If there are other photo contests, maybe make an announcement that all entries are to be placed on the designated contest thread on the contest board in order to be considered.[/quote]

As I said above, this is the first time this has happened, so I'm sure there will be changes for any future contest but at this time there are no plans for any other photo contest. I'm not really sure why this happened this time and not on the last few contest but one way or the other, it won't happen again on the next contest, whenever that is.
[signature]
+1 on moving the next contest.
As I understand this to be a site-wide contest, it seems like the entries would be simpler to evaluate if they were not posted in state-specific forums anyway.
It's late to bother moving them now, and I hope nobody hesitates to make new entries based on this thread, but it may serve the forum better to put them elsewhere next time.
That said, it has been fun to see a lot of the photos. Good luck to all.
[signature]
[quote Ahi1953]Not trying to be a pain. but is there a way for the October photo contest to be posted on the contest forum. with all the entries. any fishing reports or fishing related post are being pushed forward to next page very quickly.[/quote]

I agree with all the posts that this should have been done differently. I obviously made a mistake with the way i chose to run this contest and future photo contests will be ran differently. My apologies to all of you out there affected by it...There are only a few days left so we will not make any changes this time but it will be done differently next time... [bobSad]

Vicki

[fishon]
[signature]
I think part of the reason the board is slow right now is the photo contest posts are detracting from people wanting to make a post about fishing in the first place. This is supposed to be a fishing "general information" board, not a contest board. Quite frankly I quit reading BFT after all the photo posts showed up and I haven't looked at any of the photos anyway. Move it to a "contest" board.
[signature]
Learning is the path to improvement, Vicki. And mistakes are the path to learning.

No sweat.
[signature]
Good Deal [Wink]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Well, that's what it took to get some feedback on a contest [Wink]
[signature]