Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 11/2
I had a Dr appointment this morning and didn't make it to the north marina until 10 AM. Fished that area until about noon with no luck. Ran out to the light pole and found some fish in 20 feet of water. Caught a couple of wipers on a crystal bugger and another wiper and a catfish on a gulp minnow I was dragging behind the boat. Not a great day, but it sure beat last week's skunk.

Larry
[signature]
Thanks for the report, great to get the skunk off.[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks Larry for the report I wondered if Willard would pick up with the sunshine lately... Nice to know it did a little... Thanks J
[signature]
I've been talking to TubeDude. He says it'll get better when the water temperature drops below 50 degrees. It was still 55 yesterday, about what it's been the last couple of weeks.

Larry
[signature]
Good info to know, I figured the wiper would slow down as the temp drops.... Maybe TD was talking walleye and crappie... they seem to be some of his favorite targets... Hope I get a chance to try it and find out... Later J
[signature]
[#0000FF]Most years I catch a few stray wipers right up until iceout...usually on minnows or small worm-tipped jigs. But I focus on the big perch and the walleye that follow them in the late fall. Crappies are hit or miss.

Here is a pic of a mixed bag of perch and a walleye that I coaxed out in late November, 2013. The water level was up about where it is now. Fishing for them the last couple of years has not been as good in the lower water.

[inline "TD TAKEHOME.jpg"]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Looks like a nice batch of fish. Did you get out this week? Hope you did well it's sure nice weather. Hope you get back onto those chunky perch they'd make great chowder. Later J
[signature]
[#0000FF]Been grounded this week. Got the cold my wife brought back from the California G-kids. Lookin' at early next week though. Infernal optimist.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
If it ends up Thursday I may join you if there is room. Hope you get feeling better soon. J
[signature]
[#0000FF]I was looking at Tuesday but the weather appears to be decent all week. I'll PM you early in the week and we can make plans.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Sounds like fun I'll watch for it. J
[signature]