Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe Kokes
What's the latest news from the Ririe Reservoir? Any body catching kokanee? Great fall weather but sure is hard on ice fishing enthusiasts.

-----jim
[signature]
A friend caught 10 Kokanee yesterday trolling on Ririe near the dam .
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I may go this week if weather permits. Hope we get ice this year.

---jim
[signature]
[fishin] Last week, Mon & Tuesday my wife and I caught 15. There are a fair number of large schools when you can find them. We were catching 3rd year fish that ranged from 11" to 14 ". They were just starting to show signs for turning, barely. Sort of surprised us as I have never seen this before this late in the year. Stay within 1/2 mile of the dam to find them.
[signature]
If you are truly catching 3 year old fish in Nov. they are hold overs and will absorb their eggs and spawn next year. That means Flaming Gorge size 4 year old fish will exist next year. That is a very cool report!
[signature]
Yeah. We may be in for a wonderful year on the ice. It's been 3 years since we have caught an 18" koke. This next week of cold weather is welcomed. May be ice on Henry's by Thanksgiving. Hope so antway.

----jim
[signature]