Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation, Deer Creek Monday and Wednesday
Been quite a while since I've posted or had anything to post. I have a different account that I used to use but I can't remember the password. Anyway, with the giant moon and all the fun of the recent political events I decided I had to get out. Started at Starvaion at about 3am Monday. Since I recently sold my boat and haven't gotten around to buying a new on yet I'm stuck wandering what shoreline I can get to. Mainly wandered the Indian bay area casting countdowns and shad raps. I only found one fish that was remotely interested. Lost it quicker than Hillary lost her lead in the election. After a couple hours of a whole lot of nothing I decided to pack it in and head for Deer Creek. Fished around the state park area at Deer Creek. Had a few hits but only managed to bring one rainbow in. Around 10 I decided I better head home and get some sleep.

Got off work Wednesday morning at 2 and headed straight for Deer Creek to beat the storm. Arrived around 4 and only had 1 hit between 4 and 6. After about 50 last casts I finally hooked into something. It was nice enough to bring my shad rap all the way to the shore before giving it back to me. A few more casts and what do ya know a walleye. Kind of surprised to see a walleye that shallow this time of year but I'm not complaining. A few more casts and I managed to hook into a little rainbow. The little ornery guy decided I should share in his pain and launched the treble into my pinky. With the fishing picking up I debated whether to leave and get the hook removed, or stay till the bite died. Decided as absent minded as I am and after the lectures I've received from doctors in the past, the best idea would be to get the hook removed. So I left earlier than I wanted to.

The folks at the clinic were nice enough to numb my finger for me, but they were struggling with the hook removal. Once they left the room I managed to work it out for them myself. It's a lot easier to do with a numb finger.

All fish were caught with the same #7 perch shad rap.
[signature]
[quote shadrap7]

A few more casts and I managed to hook into a little rainbow. The little ornery guy decided I should share in his pain and launched the treble into my pinky. With the fishing picking up I debated whether to leave and get the hook removed, or stay till the bite died. Decided as absent minded as I am and after the lectures I've received from doctors in the past, the best idea would be to get the hook removed. So I left earlier than I wanted to.

[/quote]

Sounds like you have been there and done that before.[Wink] What was your prior user name? I bet you can request your password.
[signature]
Quote:I bet you can request your password.

I hope you can't request your password. If BFT implemented security in a reasonable way then passwords should be stored as hashes, and no one should be able to get the clear text password.

If anyone at BFT can send you your password, then you should never use that password again anywhere - if/when BFT is hacked your password will end up in a password hacking database.
[signature]
Perhaps I should have been more complete. I would not be concerned if one can request that an email be sent to the email account that they are using on a website allowing them to reset their password. Being able to do that is extremely common.
[signature]
Ouch, bet that hurt, but the fishing looked like fun... Thanks for the report... J
[signature]
ah the joys of crankbait fishing! worst one i had was a treble in my thumb with about a 28" musky on the other hook shaking like hell!

way to get out there and catch a few
[signature]
Thanks Kent. I ate some member berries and remembered the password for my old account. Yeah not my first fishing incident. I once smashed my finger between the dock and my boat down at Yuba. Even though my fingernail was sideways I washed it off with alcohol, put a bunch of neosporin on it, wrapped with gauze and fished for a couple of hours. When I wandered into the emergency room later that night the doctor asked me what took so long for me to get to the hospital. I told him when it happened I had just arrived at Yuba and I hadn't caught any fish yet. I had to catch at least a couple before I left. Besides the pain was a consistent throb. He was slightly less than impressed by my stupidity.
[signature]
Yikes! Luckily every time it's happened to me the fish have managed to get off at the same time that the hook landed in me.
[signature]