Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone looking for ice this weekend?
just got back from a scouting trip up in my back yard.. got to huntington first, looked to be about 1/2 frozen and not ready yet.. then went to Cleveland, looks like the southwest corner might be ready the rest looked a little under-done just yet...
fariview lakes looked to be frozen over and ready to fish if there are any left in there.. goosberrry was frozen with the springs still open but a check of the ice was 2 inchs..
whats all i got guy's hope that helps ya make plans for the weekend..

be safe out there!! [fishon]
[signature]
This is excellent news! Thanks for the reports. Are you able to drive to Gooseberry still? I remember there being a gate somewhere that closed during winter.
[signature]
drove right to it. about 6 inchs of snow on the road, no one has been past the first pull out tho.
[signature]
I will be waiting at least a week until I venture out on any of those lakes. A life is not worth a few fish.
[signature]
Awesome report! Thanks for the update. I got on the ice last weekend . None this weekend. Be back on the ice next weekend.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
Hey Ron that's very kind of you posting that up, you know there are a lot of anxious ice anglers waiting for first ice. Guess I'm still building my Smitty so I'm not ready yet, plus I like the Bear Lake white fish run before I start my ice fishing, but thank you so much for the welcome news. J
[signature]
yeah really im the same way!! still got pike at Yuba and musky at Joe's Valley to hit and not to ready for ice fishing just yet.. [fishon] ..
but every year around this time i get some calls and E-mails pm's asking about the ice down this way. most years it's where the best ice fishing starts, and a long weekend with a lot that like to take family ice fishing.. so for the whole hour or so it took me to go check, it might have made someones planes for the weekend easier.. and really i wanted to check and see if i could still get my boat into E-lake so it worked out all around.. lol [cool] and no the ramp and bay around it have ice..
[signature]
That is a great service to help others out. So much better to know ahead before you travel out and get disappointed or try it anyway and get wet. Hard to believe It's Thanksgiving and shirt sleeve weather here in Cache Valley. Not complaining here. Later J
[signature]
Thank you I appreciate it!!!! Helped me out a bunch
[signature]