Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake
Was out at Henry's Lake today. Ice in the State boat ramp out to about 30 yards but not able to walk on. Open water over the main body of water. Ended up fishing from the bank, my sons and I caught a total of 5 with lots of bites. Had hoped to ice fish but made a pretty good day of it anyway from the bank. Warm fall!!
[signature]
Sounds like the fish are ready for the ice as much as we are! i have my fingers crossed for this weekend.... Out of curiosity what was the temp up there?
[signature]
If you go to Idaho Traffic Cameras. There is a camera a the entrance to Henry's lake State Park . There is a spot you can check the current weather . It tells wind speed and temperature.
[signature]
Ah yes thanks Curt i had forgotten about the cam. Thanks will do
[signature]
My ice auger is in the shop getting cleaned and ready for the year, my poles are sitting in the sled, the jaw jacker's are sitting in the buckets. This ice needs to come and quickly. I'm hoping just like all of you this weekend or next better be the week it freezes over or were going to probably miss all the best bites up there. My fingers are itching for a bite.
[signature]
i heard there were a few brave souls out on the hard deck this weekend on henry's im probably going up this weekend or the next to try my luck
[signature]
Fishing the thicker parts... do you know how they did?
[signature]
State Ramp. 3pm today. 1/2" of ice. Dirty ice and dirty water, open water 100 yards out with choppy water.
[signature]
Dang it's gonna be a very short season up there this year.... maybe next weekend
[signature]
Maybe Fins and Feather will issues an emergency order and give us until Feb 1 [shocked]

What a Christmas present that would be [fishon]

Ouzel
[signature]
Yes it would be! I don't think it would help much the fishing isn't that good towards the end of the season anyways. Next week is supposed to be absolutely frigid in the double digit negatives.... that'll get the job done
[signature]
Henrys Lake capped over last night and there were a few fishermen on the ice this morning around the state park (1 to 2 inches thick) and county dock (1 inch) thick but in the outlet (Goose Bay) it was 3 to 4 inches thick with a few fish being caught. Be careful........
[signature]
how is the ice by the fish hatchery. also is the state park accessible by vehicle or by snowmobiles only? also what about the public boat ramp is it accessible by vehicles?
[signature]
All areas were open trucks today without four wheel drive, but with the forecast for 4 to 8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow, some may not be by the weekend.
[signature]
Thanks for your reports . We are going to try and fish the outlet tomorrow.
[signature]
My normal plan to get to icefish Henry's a few times before Thanksgiving was foiled just like everyone else's, but now my window of opportunity is narrowed to 26-Dec until 01-Jan, hot bite or not, I will get a couple days on the hardtop.

Hope you guys post some photos so I can live vicariously through your fishing tales until I can get back home and up there.

Tight lines,
Ouzel
[signature]
They are fishing the entire lake today .
[signature]
I saw that on IDFG Facebooks page. Hopefully by Saturday it's around 3-4 inches all the way around. I'm going anyways though.
[signature]
They are predicting 4 for the low tonight . Where I fished today 7 "
[signature]
Were you at the outlet?
[signature]