Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the storm faked me out!!!!!!!!
I was planning on going fishin today but this supposed storm keep me from going, so i made other plans because i thought it was going to be snowing. i woke up this morning and there wasnt a bit of snow. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! i wish the weather man could have predicted better. i will try to go twice next week. yeah right!!!!!!!!!! i wish

jr8fish
[signature]
I be knowing what you mean...

Mark Eubanks of Channel 5 needs to quit wearing that silly white jacket, like he speaks for Utah County... Grrrrr!!!
[signature]
Hey Guys , I got snow and had to pull out the shovel this morning but it was only a inch or two . Besides it would have to be a full blownin' blizzard to stop me if I was set on going . Those weather guys can only predict the weather . Maybe they should have a percentage of error for the weather man instead of a percent of chance of snow . Got to love mother nature , she just does what she wants .
[signature]
Forecasts of bad weather usually only make me readjust my plans (different waters -- different fishing methods -- different species) not cancel them. Being able to get out is a luxury that I hate to pass up.
[signature]
Same thing here, jr8fish! But you know, staying home and taking care of a few honey-do projects just earned me some big points toward an additional "kitchen pass"!
[signature]
We only partially let the storm fake us out. We got up early and headed to the Berry. The roads were clear until we headed up provo canyon and they got increasingly bad. They had not yet been plowed (6:00AM). We got almost to Deer Creek and decided it was too ugly and turned around totally bummed that we couldn't make it to the Berry. Well it wasn't that we couldn't but the road was bad and I wanted to live to fish another day. So we headed home. Well about the time we got to the bottom of the canyon my brother had a brilliant revelation that should have been so obvious. Did anyone hear me say Deer Creek. Good grief we were almost to Deer Creek!!!!! There is hard water there!!!!!! So we went with plan B and fished out from the island out by the open water. We landed 4 nice rainbows and a sickly looking long skinny brown. It was a beautiful day with the sun shinning and lots of other fishermen. If you are planning on taking ATV or snowmobiles out there be very careful. The edge of the ice is very slushy and we saw one snowmobile sink before it got through the slush onto solid ice. We had a good time but it wasn't the Berry. Maybe Tuesday.
Bigcat
[signature]
I had a friend that always watched the weather. Needless to say I missed a lot of fishing because of it. From then on I my philosophy is "We'll find out when we get there"
[#800080][size 2]All games are played as scheduled, there are no rainouts[cool][/size][/#800080]
[signature]
I called the Redmond trip due to the new snow and that I had to leave early. Instead we took my nephew out to do some stream fishing. Ended up catching yellowstone cuts. It was fun to let Colton real'em in.
[signature]
[Tongue] Damn guys, Kitchen passes, Weathermen, a little fluffy stuff, dont you guys realize a day fishing is not deducted from your life? ha ha haaa. Me for one, I want to live forever so I fish as often as I can, snowing or not. [cool]
[signature]
[:/]You should have stuck with it for a couple of more miles. Once you hit Hwy 40 the roads were great. Other than a little breeze, Strawberry was great. Lots of cutts but no bows.
[signature]
Welcome to the board MRJ. What a drag that we didn't keep going up to the berry. But it just kept getting worse up the canyon and without a truck it wasn't worth killing myself over. Where did you fish at the Berry and how many did you get?? What did ya use, depth etc,ya know all the details. Barometric pressure, snow depth, water temperature, air temperature, air temperture with wind chill factor, wind direction and speed, moon phase, jigging with right hand or left, not jigging at all, tent or no tent, fish finder or not, flasher or not, sitting or standing, strike indicator or not, scent attractant or not, snow depth.....etc Ok, thats a little overkill. Anyway tell us more. Looking forward to your future posts from your fishing adventures. I'll be heading to the berry on tuesday.

Bigcat
[signature]
Hey Big catamount, don't go on tuesday as there's a majorassed storm calling on our door Tuesday... if you go, bring snowtires or chains or a four wheeled vehicle.

If you got a Helicopter, by all means, go for it. [crazy]
[signature]
Bummer, sorry about the miss on going to Strawberry. We left Utah County the night before and stayed at a house in Midway because we were expecting a storm also. Woke up on Saturday and there wasn't a bit of snow on the roads. I decided to try Deer Creek before my bro-in-law showed up and when I got to Deer Creek off the turn off to Midway the roads got bad all the way around Deer Creek. I think the snow stopped at or near the north east end of Deer Creek. If you could make it past Deer Creek the roads were not a bit of a problem. At least you had a fun day at Deer Creek.
[signature]