Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 12/4
I hit Scofield today. The ice at the mouth of the dam arm ranged from about 3" to about 5" and seems reasonably safe. There were several others out before me.

I didn't make it out until about 10 and fishing was a bit slow. I caught a couple small cutts, a tiny tiger trout, and a bunch of chubs. I caught most on an orange rat finkee tipped with a Berkley maggot, and the tiger on a jigging rap. The bite was pretty light except for the tiger, it repeatedly hit until I finally hooked it.

I started in about 7' of water, and moved out to 19'. As I went out there were more fish, but I think they were mostly chubs. Probably should have tried more shallow.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I'm down south now but coming up north for Christmas and looking for some early ice. We will see how the weather cooperates.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. It sounds like a chub trip is in my near future. The predicted temps this week will make most of the lake pretty safe soon.

Mike
[signature]
My boy and me were there to day as well are catch was 40% chub 60% trout mix bag ice was 6 just off the state park dam boat docks we were in 17 ft most between 13-17 feet fresh cut bait and worms were hot ended are day around 130 with around 35 fish. It's good to be on the ice again.
[signature]
Thank you for the report, im sure that lake will be packed next week
[signature]
Avoid the dam arm, last time I was there a guy ran donuts on an ATV around my tent for 3 hours straight, no kidding.
[signature]
I've only fished Scofield once and it was in the Damn arm, caught a bunch of chub and some snake looking cut throats, any recommendations on different locations to try through the ice?
[signature]
I'm no kind of expert. I'm going to try off the points in the northwest area this year, if there's safe ice.
[signature]
I am also no expert, however, we've done well on some big tigers in the dam arm. My son caught one last year on Dec 19th, it was 29" long and close to 10lbs. I guess you never know what's swimming around....
[signature]
I want to go to Scofield Friday after noon. Is late after noon and early evening okay time to fish Scofield probably going to be in the damn. PM if you have any good information.
[signature]
My dad and I are wanting to get out Thursday but he not sure about the ice stability. Hopefully there is an ice update before then.
[signature]
I am also no expert but I have had luck putting my poll further away from my tent. I don't know if they spook easy or if they like a dead stick poll vs jigging. The problem with that is I feel like I miss a lot of fish running to my poll and being late on setting the hook.
[signature]