Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniels reservoir update
Daniels reservoir is capped with 2 1/2 inches of good ice ran into some fellow die hards there today fishing was moderate with a couple 19 inchers pulled out and returned to fight again. The reservoir capped Tuesday so if the frigid temps stay you should have some great ice to fish by the weekend.
[signature]
Very nice! Hope the freezing temps hang on
[signature]
Cbass you up for a trip this weekend to Daniels?
[signature]
Thanks for the invite Sean. We'll get together soon!
[signature]
Any new updates for Daniels? Thinking of going tomorrow but worried with the weather.
[signature]
Hit Daniels reservoir today caught 6 in an hour's time 4 of which all hit the 18 inch mark & 2 at 12. Lost two big ones right at the hole as well. Ice is 3 1/2 to 4 inches thick with 2 inches of slush on top.
[signature]
[Wink]I plan on hitting it early this Saturday.
[signature]
I'll be there as well
[signature]
I'm planning on making it out too. Looking forward to it.
[signature]
Changing up, I am taking off Friday and will be hitting the hard deck. West side green dodge with camo stripes. See you there if you can make it [Wink]
[signature]
Unfortunately I have to work Friday Sad but I do plan on getting out Saturday. Hope to hear a report from ya!
[signature]
Got there yesterday in the rain and snow. Water on the ice and the wind blowing. Around mid day the rain and snow stopped. The bite came on hard around 2. Iced a lot of fish. A couple in the 19 inch range. When I left the water on top the ice was freezing over. Not pretty, but good ice. [cool]
[signature]
Very nice! That rod though [:/] that's no good haha. I'll be making a few trips to Idaho over the next couple of weeks! Looking forward to it.
[signature]
So I had something similar happen to me with my rod and I drilled a hole down the middle of the handle (if that makes sense), pushed the rod stick down into that hole and I still use it today (3 years later). Just a thought for you. Sorry about that, it sucks.
[signature]
That is a good idea. Just can't set the hook on these small ice fishing poles unless you spend the extra ten dollars for the ugly sticks which I am now doing after breaking to many of the ten dollar ones.
[signature]
I have so many ice rods it is not funny. Some of them I have make myself. Use a base from an old rod and the top half of long pole. I did have a second pole with me like always. [cool] I just took the eyes off this one and chucked it. Repaired another one I had at home. [sly]

Thanks though guys.

Euge
[signature]