Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm new here....
I fish with that meat head Hattrk4me, and recommended this site. I just tried to register for the ice contest just to keep him straight and narrow. I hope I'm not to late to get in on it.
[signature]
Hey slapshot44, [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2631;] to the site! If you have any questions feel free to ask![Smile]
[signature]
[cool] Hi slapshot , glad he talked you into becoming a BFT member !!! We all like HattRks inputs and hope that you can teach us a trick or two !! I,m located 45 miles S.E of you , born in D . L , Grew up in Fargo , and now live here !! I still do alot of fishing up that way cause of friends that live around Cormrant and the parents live on a lake S W of Lake Park . Just wondering what lakes do you like to fish ? till we meet on the water , Be safe !!

[signature]
Thank's for the welcome.[Smile] Hattrk and I have known each other for a very long time. I fish lots of lakes around D.L. Mostly a lake southwest of Vergas. Been catching lots of crappies, bass, sunnies, slimers, and some walley gators. A few weeks ago I had missed a very large Slimer. I figured if I had gotten it up the hole it would've weighed in about 9-10lbs.[Sad] I guess sometimes you win and sometimes ya lose. It's not the size of the lure that counts, but the size of the bait you put in the hole!! [shocked] ha! ha!
[signature]
hey slapshot! welcome to the board! I'm already looking forward to your input on the many subjects that come up.

Will we be seeing you on the 2nd weekend of March for the Lake Of The Woods get-together?
[signature]
[shocked] You mean there other boards besides FM?
[signature]
[Smile] Welcome to the Minn board DARK30 , what part of the state you from ? Most of us are from the central part of the state , with the rat taking care of business down in the metro !! Feel free to post a question or give some pointers that I know walleyeteaser could really use !!! LOL !!!! till next time,
[signature]
Thanks Flagman! I live about 30 minutes SW of the metro in Belle Plaine. I fish mainly rivers and streams. Living on the Minnesota River has turned me into a flathead hunter for the most part but also enjoy the walleyes as well.
[signature]
Hey Dark30, welcome! Did I direct you to this website somehow? Hmmm. If so, tell them DDR sent ya!

Glad to see you here!

I get down into your area once in a while. I've got friends that are like family in Hamburg. I'm actually planning on heading down there this coming weekend for a b-day party Saturday evening and a possible trip on the ice Sunday morning.

We should get together sometime for some flathead fishing. I've only caught a few of them up here in the metro area... all babies.
[signature]
[Smile][cool][size 1] I have a brother-in-law that lives in New Ulm , next to the Minnesota river , but he does'nt fish much ! Growing up in Fargo , we used to fish the Red River alot and caught alot of cats in the 15 - 20 lb range . Other than that , I fish a few walleye tournys around central Minn !! I see you visit F M , My good friend is on there alot ( Minneman ) !! Thou this site isn't as popular in Minnesota as F.M , it has it's quality as a more giving than asking fourms !! If you have a question , post it and you'll have different opinions from across the U.S , not like F . M where everyone wants to know where their biting and thats it !! Hope we see you posting your opinions on different things in the future !! And also , tell your friends about this friendly site , we need some more support from Minnesota !! Thanks again for joining , and don't forget to register for some free stuff that BFT offers !! [/size]
[signature]
This does look like a pretty good site...Anywhere they talk fishing, There I will be also! Ya, FM has changed a bit lately...a lot of politics. I just try to live and let live. There are plenty of spots on the Minnesota River to get together either with boats or not. We'll have to hook up this summer. My Wife is from the Fergus Falls area and I fish the Otter Tail River hard when I'm up there. I'm planning a trip down to Tennessee later this month to fish some Blue Cats with Jim Moyer...Can't wait! BTW...New Ulm has some top notch catfish water close by!
[signature]
Hey there Dark 30, Welcome to BFT message boards. I'm glad to see that you made it over here. I hang out on both of the boards. Don't forget to give us some of your cool fishing reports as they happen.

Happy Fishing
[signature]
Hey Dark30, you still around? I haven't seen you anywhere! And we still having made out catfish trip. Of course, you're probably in some other state going for the record blue cat.
[signature]
Hi DDR, I'm still alive.. Yes, we should try and get together sometime. Looks like the heat wave might be breaking...85 degree river water dosn't do much for the action. I did manage a 31# mudeye near Belle Plaine...Its almost walleye time again too.
[signature]
Definitely! With the recent rain we've had, I can imagine that things will pick up a little bit as well. Cooler rains, higher water levels, better fishing... am I imagining correctly? I'm not all that familiar with river fishing yet.
[signature]