Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devils Creek kokanee
Just wondering if anyone has caught any kokanee in Devils Creek. I didn't realize they were planting them there.
[signature]
The kokes have been in devil's for a while. Caught a few during the run this year and about mid January I alway pull a few thru the ice.
[signature]
I live in Idaho Falls and love fishing for kokes. Ririe isn't frozen yet so am anxious to fish any where. I don't know where Devils Creek is located.
[signature]
On top of the Malad pass on I 15. It is the lake on the left if you are heading south .
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I decided to look it up on Google Earth and figured it out. I'm surprised the fish and game think this lake is suitable for kokanee.
[signature]
They only plant 7,000 a year . In Island Park Res. They plant 250,000 . I catch more out of Devils Creek than Island Park .
[signature]
A portion of Island Park Reservoir has been made a breeding ground for pelicans. There are thousands. I used to catch big salmon over by trudes in the winter. Not anymore. For me the catch rates have changed compared to the numbers they say that they are stocking. (Maybe one day we'll have to eat pelicans, I bet they taste like fish)
[signature]
Whoa, that's not very many fish. Surprised you catch any.

What is the stocking level last year for Ririe? Seems there are plenty of fish but they aren't growing to the 18" size. Last year I saw only one fish caught at 17".

Don't the fish and game hatcheries have access to the 4 year old strain? I believe the kokes in Flaming Gorge get their size from and extra year of growth.

Are the Kokes in Island Park getting any size?
[signature]