Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birch Creek Reservoir
I've never been ice fishing at Birch Creek Reservoir. Can you access the reservoir in a truck? I've heard that cars aren't recommended?
[signature]
Hopefully someone will PM you some details on this pond... I think it's one that is on the do not talk about list so you may not see anything on the open forum... Good luck... J
[signature]
You can get to the bottom of the dam but it's a hike to get to the top.
[signature]
If the dirt road is cleared you can get to the bottom of the dam to park, but lugging anything more than a few essential ice fishing items up over the dam is brutal. The fishing however can be awesome through the ice for big tiger trout and fair sizes bows. You'll never have too much competition due to the effort in getting your stuff over the dam and oftentimes you'll need a sled to get to the dam.

Mike
[signature]
Its only a 1 minute drive off the main road. You have to enter it from the city of Woodruff as they close the highway coming from Ogden in the winter time. Quickest way fom Salt Lake is through Evanston then go past the wyoming downs and stay on that road to Woodruff. From Woodruff its only a few minutes away. You can usually take a car but if not the walk wont be bad to the dam. Going up the dam can be pretty fun/challenging at some times. Its steap and slippery in the snow, so bring some cleats. I'm not sure why everyone is so hush hush on the reservoir. There used to be big Tiger Trout in there but in recent years the fishery sucks. Also its probably the coldest place in Utah.
[signature]
Ok thanks so much for the information.
[signature]
I went last year and we had to hike to the dam which was difficult because I had a lot of gear, but we had no idea that we would have to hike up the dam wall which was super hard and some of our group could not make it up with there gear so it became a group effort of taking everyones sled one at a time which took its toll on us. Needless to say when we were finally on the ice we had no energy to move around and all off our sweat child us pretty fast so we had to hurry and put the tent up but at the end of the day fishing was super slow and the fish we got were not great. I don't think I will ever do that lake again.
[signature]
I've fished it twice and iced two 18" bows. They were the only fish out of a group of 7 that went. It's a long drive and a hard hike for two fish.
[signature]
I agree with everything negative about this lake. The big tiger heyday is long gone. Not saying it's not possible. I can think of 50 lakes I would rather go to winter or summer. And that is no secret
[signature]