Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palisades Reservoir
I can see from the ITD web cam that PaliSades is capped by the dam. Any one know how thick the ice may be, how far it extends from the dam or if Blow out is accessable?
[signature]
I'm going to go check it out early next week. Hopefully you have a report before then. Last year there was no access to blowout unless you wanted to trudge in from the highway. I was hoping this year there may be an ice fisherman running one of the transportation plows.
[signature]
Drove by it yesterday. As far as I could tell it was all capped. Didn't see anyone out on the ice, but I know some have been by big elk. From what I understand the edges are sketchy, so you might need a plank. Let us know if you make it out, and be careful.
[signature]
Going to play it safe and go to Big Elk Saturday. The Bays should be safe by now. They have been capped about 3 weeks. Will let you know how it was.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I wont be up there for at least 2 weeks. Next weeks polar air ought to add some thickness to the ice! Good luck to those going. Be safe out there!
Looking forward to reading your reports>>>>
[signature]
Never made it out this last weekend because of this damn flu that going around and found my house so no report on PaliSades. Sorry gents.
[signature]
Reservoir side at big elk has been fantastic. Buddy of mine limited out on trout two days in a row last week only fishing 90 min each trip. Only detail i know is fished with worms.
[signature]