Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 2/1/04
I hit Jordanelle this morning. Started at 8:30, 0 degrees. Went to my regular spot on the south side in 20 feet of water. Caught only 2 trout today but around 100 perch. I caught 16 perch over 9 inches, biggest was 11". Had fish on the Vexilar the whole time I was there, with no down time all day. A couple near me was catching nothing but trout and very few perch. I left at 2:30. Weather was beautiful, no wind at all. Caught everything on Waxies/glowhead jig, 18" under a castmaster. I learned a new trick today to induce bites when they aren't hitting too good. It worked real well. Send me a PM if you'd like particulars.

Took my 90#, 8 mo. old black lab Romeo with me for the first time today. He had a great time. I had to tie him off to my ATV when he got a little adventurous. He didn't try to steal anyones fish... He went for their lunch... When he figures out that fish are edible, I'm in trouble... I actually paced him on my ATV tody at 20 mph! I hope he stops growing soon!

Any reports on Deercreek? I'd like to try it Tuesday A.M.

Slayer
[signature]
Nice Report . How deep of water were you fishing ? I need to help rid that lake of a few perch . I should try to take my dog sometime . But mine is only 20 pounds of terror . All bark and no bite . If I still had my huskys I wouldn't even need a ATV to get on the ice . LOL
[signature]
I only used one hole all day. Twenty feet. I saw anglers fishing shallower, but they had only caught a few small trout.

Slayer
[signature]
I fished a little deeper on sat. 40' I saw people cathing more perch than we did but it seemed like the ones we were catching were a little bigger. when we were leaving we were checked by the game warden he said the same thing that the people that wre fishing a liitle deeper were catching bigger perch.[Smile]
[signature]
[crazy]WHERE DO YOU GO IN AT? HOW THICK WAS THE ICE?
[signature]

try this:

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]
Good report Slayerace. I gotta ask. 90# at 8 months?! What are you feeding that dog, horses? My two year old black lab (Upland) is barely 70#. I wouldn't dare take him out on the ice. I honestly believe that he would try to climb through the hole to go swimming. If not that, he would be so busy impregnating everything resembling a dog in the area that I may not find him again. His first girlfriend was a coyote. I haven't seen any coyote labs yet, but I imagine they are out there. The neighbors a couple of miles up the road asked if I wanted one of the golden/upland pups they had. I hope the husky is fixed. Those pups wouldn't look much better than the coyote labs. He is in for a big surprise this spring. I feel bad for it, but it must be done.

I know I could keep him chained or penned up all the time, but I can't stand to see him just lay there when he has so much life to live and there is 40 acres for a back yard. I let him off a couple of days a week for exercise. I have tried, but have had no luck at training him to stay around the house. I can't afford, and probably wouldn't have the heart to use, a shock collar or invisible fence.

Guess I kinda went off the subject here. Oh well. Hope everyone enjoys anyway. See you on the water. Hide your dog(s) and try not to crawl if he is with me.
[signature]
i won't crawl if you keep him off my leg..... LMAO
[signature]
[laugh]you know they say dogs take after their owners.. are you trying to tell us somthing? [shocked]
[signature]
[blush]How could you know? You weren't there. I would have remembered if there were anyone else around when I .... I'll shut up now[angelic]

Is it to late to plead the 5th?
[signature]
[laugh]LMAO,,, good one!! [sly]but I think its too late to plead the 5th. you been had.. [cool]
[signature]
CF,

The scary part about my Lab is that he hasn't grown into his paws yet!!!

Slayer
[signature]
where do you fish at jordanelle for perch. i would like to have your kind of luck this weekend. how thick was the ice. thanks for your info.
[signature]
On the south side of the lake at Rockcliffs. Take a southwesterly stroll for about ten minutes. You'll see plenty of old holes. Good luck...

Slayer
[signature]