Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic Reservoir
Magic reservoir has about seven to nine inches of decent ice and the fishing for us was slow but the people about 75 yards away were knocking them dead(trout). I later found out they were fishing just a few feet under the ice while we were fishing 20' down to a few feet off of the bottom in about 40' of water. I guess if you know what you're doing the fishing is great, I'm a tinhorn when it comes to ice fishing. I've had some bad experiences with ice and I don't like it at all but my desire to catch fish has overridden my fear of ice. Oh, and if you see tire tracks going down the West Magic ramp and back up and a truck parked down at the bottom don't assume it's good to drive down. I did and I got a reminder of what assuming does to someone...Going down was fine and I parked my truck next to the first one and we set up our gear and started to fish when I saw truck number three pull up to the ramp, look around, and then commit to the descent and proceeded to bury his truck almost to the frame next to mine. I went back to my truck and worked my way to within about thirty feet of the top of the ramp and spun out in the snow. Long story short, we all banded together and pushed and dug our trucks out one by one to the top of the ramp at the expense of valuable fishing time. Just grateful for good guys willing to help each other out. Ended up going back to poles for another hour with no action and just as we were leaving the group next to us started to catch fish again. Go figure... The moral of this story is to park at the West Magic Resort and don't assume things. It's bad for fishing. Happy trails.
[signature]