Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESKIMO LEAKING FUEL
Does anyone have or has a leaking Eskimo auger? Is this a recall item? If not does anyone know how to fix the problem.
[signature]
I have an Eskimo that started leaking gas last year. I bought it 2007 and it had been awesome until this. Looks like it's leaking where the fuel line enters the gas tank. But the seam on the tank might be leaking as well. Tried to fix it my self and that didn't work. So I just bought a new Eskimo this week.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
I bought one brand new last October, it started leaking full from all over it looked like.. anyways called Eskimo told them it's leaking, five days later a new motor showed up on my porch. Awesome customer service!
[signature]
I had the same problem this year. Mine was leaking from the grommet that is on the back of the gas tank where the gas line comes out. Called Eskimo and ordered a replacement grommet for like $7.00. It came with the grommet and I believe new gas lines and fuel filter. They told me the grommet does not do well with ethanol. I was told to add Seafoam to the fuel before putting it in the auger and it should prevent it from eating away at that grommet. I did this and not only has my auger not leaked but it also runs much better when I added the Seafoam. Give Eskimo a call, their customer service is excellent. The part was super easy to install too. Good Luck
[signature]
3004117 this is the part number from eskimo for the fuel line and gromit.
[signature]
Thanks I will call them.
[signature]
Mine started leaking bad on the third season. Grommet appeared to shrink.

Tried to find one at Ogden Lawn and Garden but the hole in the tank is larger than the grommets they have for equipment.

Ended up taking the tank off and used a piece of plastic, hot glued it down over the grommet hole in the tank, then drilled another tight hole for the fuel line and pulled a new hose through. hot glued around the hole where it goes through the plastic hole.

So far it hasn't leaked but time will tell.

FWIW
[signature]
[quote AllFish]Mine started leaking bad on the third season. Grommet appeared to shrink.

Tried to find one at Ogden Lawn and Garden but the hole in the tank is larger than the grommets they have for equipment.

Ended up taking the tank off and used a piece of plastic, hot glued it down over the grommet hole in the tank, then drilled another tight hole for the fuel line and pulled a new hose through. hot glued around the hole where it goes through the plastic hole.

FWIW[/quote]

Yea that sounds way easier then sending Eskimo $7 for a new grommet.
[signature]
I ordered a new fuel tank and replaced it. Came with new fuel lines and mounting hardware. New tank is higher quality. My auger is 5-6 years old. Tried to silicone the tank ect. Just order a new tank if its not covered under warranty. I should have got a new tank 3 years ago. get eskimo.com is the website you will need your serial number off your auger, should be a sticker on it with the number. The tank was around $ 25-30 money well spent. Auger runs great.
[signature]
I've had an Eskimo for I think 11 years now. Every or at least every other year I replaced the tank. I bought the first couple, then complained and they sent them free. 2 years ago, they sent one out that looked and felt completely different, it even mounted in a totally different spot. This one has not shown any sign of failing after 2 1/2 years, and I don't that it will. I love the auger or I would have dumped it long ago. It started at east canyon on the first pull Saturday (-10), after the drive in the back of my truck. I thought mine was leaking from the grommet also, but I think it was the the seam from the 2 piece construction. This new one is one solid piece. Good luck.
[signature]
[quote BS][quote AllFish]Mine started leaking bad on the third season. Grommet appeared to shrink.

FWIW[/quote]

Not a dollar issue but a time issue. Needed it fixed immediately.

Likely came up with a solution that is superior and permanent.

Yea that sounds way easier then sending Eskimo $7 for a new grommet.[/quote]
[signature]
Checked mine out and is leaking from the grommet. Laid it down opposite of the grommet and still leaks. Gonna take your suggestion and order a new tank. Gotta do something fast. Can't leak anything while I'm on the ice. Not only causing environmental damage I'm chasing fish away. I guess until tank comes in gotta use hand auger. Thanks for everyone's imput.
[signature]
I can vouch for their customer service as well. On my third year with a stingray and it has always ran rough. Called them, they just sent me,a new carb free of charge. My grommet also leaks but ill gladly pay for that repair.
[signature]
just curious, where are these Eskimo augers made? How do they stay in business sending out all the free parts?

humpy
[signature]