Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late SE Turkey Hunt
I managed to draw on a depredation turkey hunt a couple miles from Twin Lakes near Preston. I had only hunted turkey once up near orofino years ago and that was spring where this is anything but that. Anyway I drove down with my son this morning and sure enough the turkeys were eating grain or hay right next to the cows in the corrals. Unfortunately they didn't want to wait for me to get between them and their roost before taking off. Fortunately the roosts weren't far and there was a ridiculous amount of birds. I flushed a few not realizing how close we were (super thick brush kept me from seeing them) before I got close enough for a clear shot. Dropped myself a jake! Once I extracted it from the bushes it was in we hiked back. Funny thing is that no more flushed after that despite being close to the same distance some flushed before. Surprised how heavy one of those birds is. Looking forward to smoking it for dinner tomorrow. In the second pic if you zoom in on the trees you can see the birds. They're the black dots from the zoomed out view.
[signature]