Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming Cascade Trip
Heading up to Cascade 1/25 thru 2/3. Staying at son's cabin. If any of you will be up there at the same time, let me know. I would love to meet you and compare notes on the perch fishing.
[signature]
Hey a group that I was going with that was supposed to be going today are planning on that week, minus me... I'm in class that week and can't go so I expect they will contact you and compare notes... Good luck I'm feeling jealous, I really wanted to go up... now my schedule is pretty hard to find that big of a window so I probably missed it this year... Have fun... J
[signature]
Were you part of the Utah group I met there last year? I think the date was around 1/15 or 1/16 and I met them fishing north of the island. I remember Wyoguy and K2muskie, and there was a couple more. Packfan and his wife was there then, too.

Sorry you can't make it this year. I'll look for your group. As I recall, Wyoguy had the secret to catch the big ones last year and I hope all do well again this year.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]We met on the ice last year as well. Doesn't look like I can make it this year due to having to much on my plate already.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Yes that is the crew, but it was my first year to go up with them, so I wasn't there last year... Sounds like you will be familiar with the crew... hope you guys get a great trip in...

Looking at the webcams along the way it looks like our trip today would have been a snowy ride up to the lake... However, it doesn't look like they got the 50" of snow that was predicted... Will be interesting to see what the lake conditions are like now, last weekend sounded like it was pretty tough to get where you wanted to be on the lake for slush and deep snow and ice heaves... When the sleds with 155" tracks were having troubles getting on and off the lake I decided it was best not to try... okay that and everyone else not being able to go also helped me decide to be smarter than I usually am... Anyway best of luck and have fun... J
[signature]
Shoot I am going up with a group Feb 9th - 13th.. Good luck
[signature]
I hope the lake conditions get better for you Fred by the time you head up. I can't remember if you said the MRS was joining you this year or the gentlemen you were with last year. The wife and I have been down with colds since the first of the year so we haven't been doing much, Monday was my first day back at work and yesterday was her first day. I was wanting to make the shorter run up to C.J. for the perch but sounds like getting to the lake might be fun. I have some old friends who live near Jacks Creek so I might give them a jingle and see how the road is. Take care and be careful my friend.
[signature]
HI Pete. Yes ... My better half is coming with me this trip. My son and family will be there too. I have a 4 year old grand daughter who wants to go fishing with me so we will set up a tent over a good spot and warm it up for her. Can't wait to see her with her first Cascade perch.

There's some frigid weather forecast up there next week. Hoping that will firm things up. If not we'll try French Creek or another West side spot where we can fish close to shore. Tackle Tom posted that some anglers were starting to have some success, but didn't say where. I'm guessing they were north of the island.

Sorry you can't make it this year. Maybe see you on Starvation after it gets a little thicker. Good fishin.
[signature]