Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,441
» Latest member: Bootcatcher
» Forum threads: 231,748
» Forum posts: 343,152

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 582 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 577 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, wiperhunter2

Latest Threads
Need to know how to get t...
Forum: Utah Fishing General
Last Post: JazzyM
40 minutes ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 132
Blue ribbon survey
Last Post: gmwahl
1 hour ago
» Views: 348
Willard 4/26
Last Post: Bubman1
3 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 195
Green river recently
Forum: Wyoming Fishing General
Last Post: Fowl-Hook
4 hours ago
» Views: 38
Storing Night Crawlers ??...
Last Post: BearLakeFishGuy
Today, 02:53 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 692
Deer Creek 4/24
Last Post: Cowboypirate
Yesterday, 11:34 PM
» Views: 374
Otter Creek 4/23/2024
Last Post: wormandbobber
Yesterday, 06:35 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 352
Spring Flotilla 2024 ???
Last Post: catchinon
Yesterday, 04:12 PM
» Views: 135
Fontanelle report
Last Post: SkunkedAgain
Yesterday, 01:27 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 267
2024 Summer Challenge.......
Forum: Utah Contests
Last Post: SkunkedAgain
Yesterday, 12:14 PM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 367

ssor R daveTclown
Posted by: ChrisP - 07-22-2002, 11:10 AM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

WASSUP?....Why hav sum of my REPLY`s bin Dleted?....am I dew`n sump`n WRONG?...if sew PLEASE advise..I no i`ve reply`ed 2 Topic`s "Snake`s"...."Lilly Pad`s"...."Frozen Shad"...<br>WAZZZUP?<br><br>

Print this item

Tampa Bay Area Fishing Report
Posted by: captchas - 07-21-2002, 08:09 PM - Forum: Florida Fishing General - No Replies

Tampa Bay Area <br>Fishing Report<br>Captain Charles Walker<br>7/21/02<br><br>Red Tide! What a horrible thing, but it’s here. From John’s Pass offshore three miles and up to Redington Beach. Offshore it’s moving around and has been found near the Betty Rose. Lots of dead fish are on the beaches north of John’s Pass as well. It looks like if you are planning to fish offshore this week you might just as well start as far out as you can go to get past it. My fishing is going to be inside the Bay along the ship’s channel edges for grouper, mangrove snapper, and Spanish mackerel I think. I’ll probably be doing that for the rest of the summer, as long as the water stays clean. I figure why bother taking a 1 ½ hour boat ride to get way offshore and then maybe not catching much? The Bay holds lots of opportunities for fish if you can get the right bait and catch them at the right part of the tide. Just remember, when you are in the deeper parts of the Bay, most fish are biting based on the tide flow more than the tide height. <br>On to the bait house reports:<br>Ruskin Bait and Tackle - 813-641-2325 – The Bay is producing lots of mangrove snapper, The snook are biting around all the islands and shallows right now. The mouth of the river has lots of big drum right now and there are lots and lots of Spanish mackerel all over, no matter where you go in the Bay.<br>Trappman’s Bait and Tackle on Gandy Blvd in St. Petersburg - 727-579-1414- Pompano are still biting along the Gandy Bridge for anglers using fiddler crabs. Mangrove snapper are also being caught along the bridge. The tarpon seem to be holed up around the 4th St. bridge and there are some cobia being taken both on the flats at high tide and around the bridge.<br> Pass-a-Grille Bait and Tackle on St. Pete Beach - 727-360-6606- Lots of mangrove snapper are being caught off our gas dock this week. Our offshore boats are bringing in some grouper, yellowtail snapper, plenty of grunts and the occasional amberjack.<br>The Skyway Fishing Pier - 727-865-0668 and the south Skyway - 941-729-0117- Cobia, lots of black sea bass, Spanish mackerel, pompano, silver trout, flounder, and mangrove snapper have all been caught during the past couple of days, and at night the shark are biting well for those anglers that are targeting them. There’s no evidence of the red tide inside the mouth of the Bay, so come on down and go fishing.<br><br>Folks, feel free to call any of the places in my report for more information, and be sure to tell them that you read about the fishing in their area in Capt. Charlie’s fishing report on the Internet.<br><br>If you want more information about fishing in the Tampa Bay area or wish to book a charter, simply e-mail me at captchas@flfish.com or if you wish to arrange a charter faster, call me at 727-546-7257. Be sure and visit my web site for lots more Tampa Bay Area fishing info at: http://www.floridasaltwater.com .<br><br>Good fishing and tight lines,<br>Capt. Charlie<br>http://www.flfish.com/fl<br><br><br><br>Capt. Charlie Walker<br>http://www.flfish.com

Print this item

Oregon Fishing Update
Posted by: TGF - 07-21-2002, 02:24 PM - Forum: Oregon Fishing General - No Replies

Fisheries Update<br><br><br>July 19th - July 25th, 2002<br><br>Not a very exciting report this week as fishing for many species is just mediocre. Sturgeon fishing in the estuary continues to be challenging but the keepers out of Tongue Point are quite respectable as of late. Smelt is a key bait if you are planning on fishing the river below the Astoria Bridge. The favored low slack is occurring very late in the day this weekend. Oversize fishing is off to a bang with 4 to 6 fish days common in the newly opened sanctuary above Beacon Rock. <br><br>Shad are hard to come by so take what you can get. Salmon and steelhead fishing in the Columbia is best in the Bonneville area but the beaches sure produced well last week! Although the tide series is waning, the sheer numbers of steelhead in the river should provide some sport for late morning anglers in the lower Columbia. <br><br>The ocean may remain calm enough to fish comfortably for a few days. Too bad it is closed on Fridays and Saturdays but on Wednesday 7/17 the fish were scattered and most boats really had to work for them. One skipper told me they did best due west of Buoy 3 in 170 - 200 foot of water. <br><br>Crabbers and clammers will be disappointed to learn the crabbing is still poor for most people and the razor clamming season is closed for the spawning season! The Willamette River continues to have chinook and steelhead cross the Falls, making the Santiam systems a prime destination. <br><br>The Clackamas River is low, clear and mossy. Sandy River anglers tell of glacial runoff but recently improving conditions. Offshore salmon fishing out of Tillamook, Depoe and Yaquina Bay remains a hot prospect with many limits seven days a week. Offshore bottom fishing has slowed. Chinook have entered Nehalem Bay where a few have been taken at Wheeler. <br><br>North coast rivers are very low and clear. Rogue River Bay is producing very large chinook. The Umpqua is still hot for smallies, Summer steelhead are being caught in the lower Deschutes River. Green Peter is fair for kokanee, slow at Paulina and Wallowa. Trout will be stocked this week in Faraday Lake, Breitenbush River, Carmen Reservoir, Leaburg Lake, Quartsville Creek the North Santiam above Detroit, and the Upper McKenzie River.<br><br>Have this report e-mailed to you weekly or sign up for our full version with tips, forecasts, and professional guide's advice!<br>http://www.TheGuidesForecast.com/<br><br>Get more Oregon fishing information at<br>http://www.theguidesforecast.com

Print this item

any one ever hear of
Posted by: davetclown - 07-21-2002, 05:21 AM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

any one ever hear of Mick Thill?<br>and what dose he do?<br><br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>For Kids Sake <br>Recycle your old Equipment<br>Dave

Print this item

Frozen Shad
Posted by: Raypaw - 07-20-2002, 03:10 PM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

Have any of yall ever used frozen shad for catching catfish? I know fresh is better is better but some people have good luck on frozen. How do you hook them or do you cut it up in pieces? Raypaw<br><br>Cant change yesterday<br>cant change tommorow<br>can change today so lets get busy

Print this item

63 Dams in 16 States to be removed in 2002
Posted by: davetclown - 07-20-2002, 02:27 PM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

http://www.amrivers.org/pressrelease/dam...>Chatanika River (photo available)<br><br>California<br>Crocker creek<br>Golden Gate National Recreation Area<br>Unnamed Tributary, Point Reyes National Seashore<br>Solstice Creek <br>Ferrari Creek<br>York Creek (photo available)<br><br>Colorado<br>Platt River Tributary, Florrisant Fossil Bed National Monument (2x)<br><br>Connecticut<br>Eight Mile River (photo available)<br><br>District of Colombia<br>Rock Creek (2x) (photo available)<br><br>Illinois<br>Fox River (photo available)<br>Brewster Creek (Trib to Fox River)<br>Des Plaines River (3x)<br><br>Massachusetts<br>Town Brook (photo available)<br>Third Herring Brook<br><br>Maine<br>St. George River (photo available)<br> PresumpscotRiver (photo available)<br><br>Michigan<br>Chippewa River<br>Pine River<br>Sturgeon River<br>New Hampshire<br> BearcampRiver (photo available)<br>Bellamy River (photo available)<br> AshuelotRiver (photo available)<br><br>New York<br>Back Creek<br><br>North Carolina<br>Hitchcock Creek (photo available)<br>Little Sugar Creek (photo available)<br>Marks Creek Tributary<br><br>Ohio<br>Little Miami River<br>Cuyahoga River, Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area<br>Huron River (photo available)<br><br>Oregon<br>Beaver Creek<br>Wagner Creek<br><br>Pennsylvania<br> ConodoguinetCreek (photo available)<br> PerkiomenCreek (photo available)<br> ChickesCreek<br> ConewagoCreek (photo available)<br>Ridley Creek (photo available)<br>Delaware River Tributary, Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area <br>Trindle Spring Run (photo available)<br>Wyomissing Creek (3x)<br><br>Wisconsin<br>Bass Creek<br> MagdantzCreek<br>Cedar Creek<br>Woods Creek<br>Onion River Tributaries (13+ dams) (photo available)<br><br> <br><br>For various reasons, some dams currently scheduled for removal may be delayed past 2002.<br><br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>For Kids Sake <br>Recycle your old Equipment<br>Dave

Print this item

Willard is still smoking!!!
Posted by: wiperhunter2 - 07-20-2002, 07:42 AM - Forum: Willard & Utah Lake Fish Report Archive - Replies (1)

Went to Willard friday morning(8:00am) and it was so good we stayed until 3:30pm. The top water action did not start until 12:00 noon but when it did it was non stop catching for close to an hour. Twice we had wipers break 12lb line. You just got to love those wipers, there is no other fish that compares (at least in Utah). WH2 <br><br>

Print this item

PA Fishing Sites
Posted by: TrainFisher21 - 07-19-2002, 07:31 PM - Forum: Pennsylnania Fishing General - No Replies

Oh yea and does anyone know any good PA fishing web-sites<br><br>

Print this item

Coming home to fish
Posted by: TrainFisher21 - 07-19-2002, 07:20 PM - Forum: Pennsylnania Fishing General - No Replies

Hey everyone what's going on I was just wondering if anyone checks these boards often I am in the military and will be getting out in a month and moving back to PA where I am from to live. I fish mainly on the Pine creek and Susquehanna I was just wonder how these areas are doing what some sizes are and what is hitting good about now. Basically overall fishing quality.<br><br>

Print this item

I gots dah BooYaa, baby!
Posted by: Fishslayer - 07-19-2002, 03:45 PM - Forum: Saltwater Fishing General - No Replies

Woohoo! I won something! [shocked]<br><A HREF="http://www.westcoastangler.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/79.html" target="_new">http://www.westcoastangler.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/79.html</A><br>Hmm, ya know, I just bought a new hat last week. Ya think if I bought a new Trinidad I might win another? [laugh]<br><br>Fishslayer<br><br>

Print this item