Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,441
» Latest member: larzz
» Forum threads: 231,771
» Forum posts: 343,310

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 715 online users.
» 4 Member(s) | 707 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, 2knots, Humbadingo, JazzyM

Latest Threads
Strawberry Report
Forum: Utah Fishing General
Last Post: War Beaver
22 minutes ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 384
Mirror Lake on Ice 5-4-24
Last Post: joatmon
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 36
2024 Summer Challenge - j...
Forum: Utah Contests
Last Post: joatmon
2 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 126
Willard 5/3
Last Post: wiperhunter2
4 hours ago
» Replies: 18
» Views: 751
Fontanelle Update
Last Post: Cowboypirate
9 hours ago
» Views: 304
2024 Cat Contest Redrebel
Last Post: Redrebel
Today, 02:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
2024 Summer Challenge Red...
Last Post: Redrebel
Today, 12:06 AM
» Views: 79
Thieves
Forum: Off Topic Board
Last Post: wiperhunter2
Yesterday, 12:24 PM
» Views: 72
Boating noob question
Last Post: obifishkenobi
Yesterday, 02:49 AM
» Views: 289
Kokanee stoking
Last Post: Cowboypirate
Yesterday, 12:44 AM
» Views: 262

Laguna Niguel Trout Update
Posted by: ROMEROFISHERKING - 12-26-2001, 11:39 PM - Forum: California Fishing Information - No Replies

Considerably,Good size Trout to be taken from rental boats and float tubers.Seemed apparent, EARLY risers WIN! Late bloomers, Good Luck! Shore anglers like ME! can do well useing lite green or chartruse powerbait. Jig strike POOR ........... . HOT ticket Try PRO CRUE Salmon egg skeins sold, NOT on premises. MERRY CHRISTMAS My Brother and to all<br><br>

Print this item

Fishing Lake Mead in March
Posted by: kingboj - 12-26-2001, 05:20 PM - Forum: Nevada Fishing General - No Replies

I'll be fishing in Lake Mead at the end of March for 3 days on a house boat. I'm assuming the fishing won't be very good aboard a house boat, with the best chances being very early in the morning or very late at night. From what I've read, bass action seems to be the fish of choice in Mead and was wondering if anyone could provide any useful info on catching some bass. What types of rods/reels should I use? (I currently only fish saltwater with 20 lb line and MH rods, however I do have a Daiwa spinning rod/reel combo with 10 lb line and M action). Also, what type of rig setups would work best? I was thinking of getting a bass kit with worms and possibly shads to try a texas rig or maybe a carolina rig. Also, how about weights and hook sizes? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!<br><br>

Print this item

Pine Island Sound
Posted by: tarpon - 12-26-2001, 04:27 PM - Forum: Florida Fishing General - No Replies

I hope everyone had a good holiday. I have been very busy for the last two weeks, trying to play Santa and fishing is like having a real job. The best part about The last two weeks is that the fishing has picked up. There were several days where I was picking up anywhere from 5 – 20 Reds off of one flat! The Flat will remain nameless, and you will be blind folded on the ride there. All of my fishing is now with either plastics or on the fly. When fishing artificials correctly it allows us to cover more water than bait fishing and find out if the fish are there quickerOn this one flat, I had a boat anchored in a hole just off the mangroves. They were fishing the hole with white bait. My guests and I made several floats (over the flat) and landed at least 10 Reds and lost several others. The other boat never had a bent rod. I was very surprised that they did not start working artificials. After they idled away from their hole, I poled over to it to set up for a float over it. About 50 yards after the hole (up on the flat) we found more Redfish. The point here is to remember that the fish, even on high tide are not always up in the mangroves and the holes near the bank. If you are not seeing the fish in the mangroves, try moving out on the flats. If you have a good wind, set up and try several floats until you find the fish.<br><br><br>http://www.flyfish-florida.com

Print this item

Rocky River 12/24/01
Posted by: tpet96 - 12-26-2001, 06:45 AM - Forum: Ohio Fishing General - No Replies

Fished the Rocky River yesterday with some success. Nailed one 4 lb buck steelhead on uncured steelie spawn in chartreuse mesh. Came in the slack water behind a faster ripple. Lost another, and netted a couple for another guy. Saw 6 or so fish from sunrise to noon. The water was about 1 1/2' visibility, and a greenish hue (REALLY good conditions as far as I'm concerned). <br><br>

Print this item

How Much Longer Will The Dolphin Fishing Last?
Posted by: KnotNancy - 12-26-2001, 03:20 AM - Forum: Florida Fishing General - No Replies

How much longer can this excellent dolphin fishing last? The seas today where even calmer than yesterday. Pilchards and herring where abundant at Government Cut. We started in 120' just south of the Sea Buoy with blue water, no current, and no wind. Slow trolling flat lines and a downrigger out to 300' produced no action, not even a nervous bait. We ran offshore and found a weed line in 800' that was loaded with trash, schools of bait, and lots of birds working on it. After slow trolling live baits on this line for about 2 miles with no action, I decided to try in close again. While running in, we found the birds working on a school of feeding dolphin in 700' and quickly got into the action. The school was moving quickly to the south, so we'd catch a few and then have to run to them again. The fish today were in the 5-7 pound class and fed more readily than yesterday. A front is supposed to pass through Miami this evening. We'll have to wait and see what effect it has on the fishing. Hopefully it will improve the reef fishing and get some north current going.<br><br>Captain Dave Kostyo<br>Knot Nancy Fishing Charters<br>www.rnfl.com/knotnancy<br>nkostyo@bellsouth.net<br><br>

Print this item

Late Season Steelhead
Posted by: PatLong - 12-25-2001, 12:31 PM - Forum: Idaho Fishing General - No Replies

After several months of steelheading in warm (relatively) conditions, it's time to adjust tackle and techniques to the colder water and late season conditions. The Snake and Clearwater are still holding plenty of fish but they will be holding in the slow, deep runs and holes that require the least amount of expended energy. Work these areas with a drift rig (shrimp or roe on 4 to 6 ft. leader), jig and bobber or backtroll plugs if conditions permit. The key is get it deep and work it slow. These fish will not be chasing a bait or lure, you have to put it on their nose and keep it there as long as possible. The bite is almost undetectible at times, even with plugs many of the take downs will be only an increased tension on the rod-as if the plug had hung up. Patience and persistence will get you more fish than anything else at this time of year. <br>There are many fish still in the system and catch rates are very good, and should remain so into January and February-<br>Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to All<br>Pat Long<br><br>

Print this item

Continued Hot Dolphin Action
Posted by: KnotNancy - 12-25-2001, 04:12 AM - Forum: Florida Fishing General - No Replies

December 24, 2001<br><br>It's Christmas Eve and we are still enjoying summer like weather. Along with the weather, dolphin are still roaming the blue water in large schools just like summer. The only difference is that the fish are much closer in. Today we started out fishing for barracuda in 85' off Key Biscayne. We had a half dozen bites and landed and released two, one about 10 pounds and the other pushing 20 pounds. We lost another to a lobster pot buoy, one got back into the wreck, and the other two threw the hook after making a tremendous leap into the air. After all that excitement, we moved offshore and found a weed line and birds working over fish in 400'. They were hungry dolphin in the 4 - 10 pound class. Once they went down, all you had to do was look north and south along the weed line until you saw the birds working over them again. We kept enough for several meals and released just about as many.<br><br>I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year. I hope that the New Year brings you calm seas, tight lines, and lots of fish action. Keep a few for the table and release some for tomorrow.<br><br>Captain Dave Kostyo<br>Knot Nancy Fishing Charters<br>www.rnfl.com/knotnancy<br>nkostyo@bellsouth.net<br><br>

Print this item

Hello!!
Posted by: Corey - 12-25-2001, 12:13 AM - Forum: Ohio Fishing General - No Replies

Hi everyone! Hi Shawn!<br><br>

Print this item

Ormond beach Report
Posted by: Milo - 12-24-2001, 08:04 PM - Forum: Florida Fishing General - No Replies

Hello to everyone on the Florida board:<br><br>New to this board because I spend most of my time on the Ca. board but I thought that I would let you guys know that I just spent some quality fishing time with my stepfather who lives in Ormond beach. Fishing was very good. We caught grouper, snook, redfish, and jacks.<br><br>Florida sure is a fun state!!<br><br>Milo

Print this item

Made it home.....
Posted by: Milo - 12-24-2001, 07:59 PM - Forum: California Fishing Information - No Replies

Hola and Happy Holidays!!<br><br>Hey Romey-rome and Hodg- Thought that I would give you a quick run down on the Florida trip:<br><br>Great time with the family. Mom and Stepdad are doing great. I stayed at their new house on the beach in Ormond Beach. It was very mellow compared to Ca. but a nice change for sure.<br><br>We only got to fish 1 day because mom had other plans for me for the remainder of the time. Anyway...no tarpon. Didn't even look for them. According to all of the guides that I spoke with, they were not chewing at the time so we fished grouper, snook, permit, jacks, and other misc. east coast fish that I don't even know what they were. <br><br>Weather was great, food was great, everything was great. Great time had by all!!! <br><br>Merry Christmas to you all!!<br><br>Milo

Print this item