Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New boat and Lincoln Beach
I totally understand the not wanting to get your "new to you" ride all fish slimy. When I bought my first boat a 2004 Lund 17' Pro Sport, I got some good advice from the dealer. If you are going to use this to do mostly fishing, don't get carpet. Was good advice I followed on second boat also, the one I have now 2007 Lund 14" WCDLX.
My decking is all vinyl. Easy to clean, hooks don't get snagged up in it.

End of every fishing season, I take everything out of the boat. Take it to a DIY car wash, do a good inside and out spray down with just hot, high pressure water, no soap. Take it back to the shed, chock the tires, make sure the plugs are pulled, jack up the trailer front end until the motor prop is about 1 inch off the floor (that is just past a 45 degree angle) place a home made support stand under the front frame and let it drain about a week. Then leave all the plugs out, put it back down on the trailer landing gear, leave all the storage lids open, bilge lid open, battery out and connected to a trickle charger, gas tank emptied (only 3 gal. and usually put in my truck). Pull all the ropes and lines and hang in large loose loops from the shed wall so they will dry.

There ya go, you are drained and dried over the winter, complying with the requirements of Invasive Species regulations, and ready to get back on the waterthe following year.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
New boat and Lincoln Beach - by catchinon - 08-28-2019, 04:37 PM
Re: [catchinon] New boat and Lincoln Beach - by Tin-Can - 09-02-2019, 10:36 PM