Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float Tube Wallie Limit 6-16-23 (VIDEO ADDED)
(06-17-2023, 05:16 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report and pics Pat, you did good yesterday. Once I found out about the change in plans, I thought about trying to call you but remembered you have told me in the past that you don't have your phone on while you are fishing. As we left the channel I looked for you but I guess you were out there a ways by then. Pretty amazing how fast you can pick up a limit of eyes when you get in the right spot. With all those boats blasting off, did you have to dodge them as they were leaving the channel? When we got there that upper parking lot was full and boats were still pouring in and as I got on the boat dock I had to walk through knee deep water, just to get to the dock. From past experience, when the lake was full, I'd say it is near full pool now.
Sorry our planned get together didn't work out.  But it looks like we both got into some fish. 

Yeah, the boating contingent was out in force.  I had to hug the edge of the channel going out to keep from getting run over by boats...some not even observing the wakeless restriction.  Some people's kids.  And it was ridiculous coming back in.  I had to wait for boats to leave a spot open to get back on the ramp.  And then I had a guy in a boat back down on me when I was getting out.  He yelled at me that the ramp was for boats only.  I "politely" reminded him that I paid the same fees he did.  Ever hear of "boat rage"?

The water level right now is the highest I have ever seen it.  They raised the dikes a couple of feet in anticipation of being able to hold more water.  But since they have not taken any other measures around the lake to accommodate higher levels I doubt we will see it get any higher this year.  The good news is that all the surplus water is going into Salt Lake.  Can't wait to get out fishing for some of those brine shrimp.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Float Tube Wallie Limit 6-16-23 - by TubeDude - 06-17-2023, 06:02 PM