Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone else get snow today?
Think about the better quality fishing that all of this abundant moisture is going to provide over the next several years.

If I understand our current water situation correctly, during the last several years of drought, the water levels in nearly all of our lakes and reservoirs dropped significantly. From what I've heard and read, significant vegetation has grown on many of the shorelines that were left exposed.

Now, as water levels rise, the new growth that is in the process of being flooded will provide more food for small creatures that feed on the vegetation, which will in turn provide more life for this year's hatch of game fish to feed on. The flooded vegetation will also provide more protective areas for several species of small fish to hide in. I've read that this will provide a better crop of game fish for the next several years.

I just keep thinking about how good the fishing will be next year and the year after as I look out my window at the steady rainfall.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Did anyone else get snow today? - by wiperhunter2 - 05-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Re: [ocean] Did anyone else get snow today? - by PrinceFisher - 05-12-2005, 05:18 AM