Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The one that got away on my BASS rod.....
Hi everyone!

[:/]

I haven't been fishing a lot during this heat wave in the mid south but today I decided to go cat fishing at my favorite spot on the river at payneway, AR. a spot we call : Little Dam.

I rigged up my Big Cat pole (Berkley BigGame 7'6" Medium/Heavy Lancer Lourd, with Tidewater reel and 20lb test line) with a hotdog piece and a stink bait sponge above it, put on some Doc"s Blood Bait and tossed it in the current.

I Rigged up my BASS pole... A (6'2'' Light/Medium Ugly Stik with an AmbasSador 5000c Open face reel and 10lb test line)... Same bait.

Wouldn't you know it. The BASS pole bent double about 20 minutes later and I fought a Huge Blue[:/] cat for about 10 minutes to the bank, It stripped off 50 yards of line at least 3 times.

When I saw it I knew it as easily over 12lb ( I like to under judge weights) but it probably more like 15 to 18lb. Well since I fought it that long I thought it was worn out and reached down to get him and WAM!

He took off like a bat out of hell at break neck speed and that's exactly what happened to my 10lb test line.

SNAP!

I like to go ahead and have two poles in the water but today if I had stuck with my BIG Cat rig only that cat would have found my bait eventually, I had both within 20 yards of each other in a hole near current.

So at least I got some action and got to get very nice Blue Cat to bank and at least get a hand on him before he broke off. Just wish he had hit my other pole, I would be having catfish for dinner tonight!

Keep on fishing anglers! And don't think you can't catch a great cat in the heat of summer. They still have to eat.[fishin]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
The one that got away on my BASS rod..... - by bytebull - 08-08-2010, 02:15 AM