Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B ear Lake Conditions Report
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I've said all along that the marina will freeze up well before the lake, even with all bubblers functioning. With only 4-5 ft of water in the marina, there just isn't enough "water mass" or circulation to keep it from freezing. The channel could go first just inside the marina. When these storms finally end and the cold spell following it hits, the marina is history. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I don't blame the contractors for not plowing the ramp. What little they get paid isn't worth the chance of dunking their equipment. You guys are killing me. I've been catching up and reading the updates on BL. For $70 you all think you should be taken care of at any cost. I like having the ramp open and fish the lake as much as anyone (when the boat is running![Sad]) [/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] but what is reasonable? What we need is a cat...[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I think everyone who uses the ramp should toss a bag of salt on the ice and snow to help keep one lane open. This will allow tires to at least hit the concrete a lot easier. It also makes it easier to use a plow and snow blower and not fight the packed down, frozen snow and ice that accumulates.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Kent, chains will work but you'll only do it a couple times before it gets old. Chaining up all four is a royal pain. Been there, done that. You can have it.[/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
B ear Lake Conditions Report - by BearLakeFishGuy - 12-31-2003, 04:59 PM
Re: [BearLakeFishGuy] B ear Lake Conditions Report - by BearLakeMack - 01-01-2004, 03:50 AM