Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little Flig Practice
So, I'm sitting here with my headset on waiting to start my next bussiness meeting. Feels odd. Like a air traffic controller talking to an invisible audience... oh well, figure I would post my latest flig efforts whilst I await human voices.

Been using some of our sequester time to begin my flig making journey. Broke out my notes from Pat demo last fall and his written tutorials, gathered up what supplies I could find around the house and started singing Pat's fligalometry anthem while making a general mess in Cookies kitchen.

Goal was big, big, fligs to float some big baits. I wont share my first trial run photos. Pat was kind enough to offer additional classes after seeing them. Kinda like my dad offered me additional training when seeing my first attempt at stacking hay - after a trip to the wood shed. Much nicer than Cookie who declared my attempt at baby carp as "looks like somthing I changed diapers for".

I will share my second effort as they are starting to look less like mutated versions of Pat flig art and more like somthing I seen flying on radio antenna down South when I lived there for a short, wonderful, bbq induced bliss of two years - and if southern boys can fly em, i can fish em.

These are 1 " thick with tapers and 1.25 long on 6 and 7 size hooks. Tails are what ever i could steal from cookies craft room - dont tell her.

Cookie said Pat named his, so she will name mine. From left to right...BIG Bubba Bluegill, Perchrex, The abominable Cat Killer, and King Carp.

Oh and I did a very scientific experiment- I added little smokies to them in a glass of water to see how many they would float. Got up to three and ran out of hook. Not that I fish with little smokies, but they were handy.

Now back to that meeting.
[Image: 20200331-085809.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
A little Flig Practice - by Cowboypirate - 03-31-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: A little Flig Practice - by Anglinarcher - 03-31-2020, 04:20 PM
RE: A little Flig Practice - by TubeDude - 03-31-2020, 04:43 PM
RE: A little Flig Practice - by Cowboypirate - 04-02-2020, 02:53 AM
RE: A little Flig Practice - by Cowboypirate - 04-03-2020, 03:05 PM
RE: A little Flig Practice - by TubeDude - 04-03-2020, 04:50 PM
RE: A little Flig Practice - by Cowboypirate - 04-09-2020, 06:53 PM
RE: A little Flig Practice - by TubeDude - 04-09-2020, 07:33 PM
RE: A little Flig Practice - by Thorny - 04-11-2020, 01:17 PM