Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Closed to Weber Residents
(04-05-2020, 01:14 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: My understanding is its not the whole lake just the State Park, so since I couldnt launch my boat today I left it at home and drove to the freeway Bay access point and fished from the rocks, it was pretty slow I only caught 3 cats, but was good to be out and where having fresh catfish for dinner.

I am not telling anybody where they can and can not fish, but you might just want to take a look at what is considered Willard Bay State Park (WBSP).  Here is a picture of the boundry line for WBSP; its the green line that goes all the way around the outside of the reservoir.  HINT:  Every drop of water in the reseroir is in the Park.  Click the picture to enlarge.

[Image: Willard-Boundry.jpg]

If you fish anywhere in the reservoir, you are, in fact, fishing within the park and will be in violation of the Directive if you aren't a resident of Box Elder County.

While it is HIGHLY unlikely that you would ever be checked fishing off the dike where you were, it IS possible.  Just thought you (and anybody else not a resident of Box Elder County) should know that.  It would entirely be your decision to accept the risk of being caught and possibly getting cited for the transgression.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willard Closed to Weber Residents - by muirco - 04-04-2020, 04:51 AM
RE: Willard Closed to Weber Residents - by dubob - 04-04-2020, 05:00 PM
RE: Willard Closed to Weber Residents - by dubob - 04-05-2020, 03:20 AM
RE: Willard Closed to Weber Residents - by WET1 - 04-06-2020, 06:20 PM
RE: Willard Closed to Weber Residents - by dubob - 04-10-2020, 04:51 PM