Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Closed to Weber Residents
I drove up to the South Marina this evening to make sure I could launch my boat in the morning, when I arrived the signs now read Box Elder County residents only. I spoke with the attendant at the gate, who said that the Governors executive order put a stop to allowing Weber County residents access. They are keeping a count of the number of Weberites that are being turned away in hopes of convincing the Governor to reinstate Weber acces to Willard. They are not requiring proof at this time, its on the honor system, but the ranger is patrolling the parking lots running license plates and the executive order allows them to issue citations.
Well if weber gets the yes, I hope davis gets the yes to Willard. I live in Clinton right next to roy that is in weber... davis does not have a state park with a fishing lake either.

I have sent messages to the state park office and the governor's office.
@ @ @ @

[Image: 1585973924249.jpg]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
if the state has rangers who may or may not be asympetmatic out puttin objects that are shown can transmit a global pandemic virus on other peoples property
ya just may be #partoftheproblem
and is this essential at this time?
if theyre using ppe
 consider saving it or give it to the hospitals staff
they need it more
imho
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
I can understand closing the day-use and group pavilions - maybe even the camping areas, but closing the lake? That's ludicrous.
(04-04-2020, 03:14 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I can understand closing the day-use and group pavilions - maybe even the camping areas, but closing the lake? That's ludicrous.
Truth be told Rocky, it's way beyond ludicrous.  But when has the government EVER been required to be sensible or reasonable?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(04-04-2020, 05:00 PM)dubob Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 03:14 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I can understand closing the day-use and group pavilions - maybe even the camping areas, but closing the lake? That's ludicrous.

Truth be told Rocky, it's way beyond ludicrous.  But when has the government EVER been required to be sensible or reasonable?
My understanding is its not the whole lake just the State Park, so since I couldnt launch my boat today I left it at home and drove to the freeway Bay access point and fished from the rocks, it was pretty slow I only caught 3 cats, but was good to be out and where having fresh catfish for dinner.
(04-05-2020, 01:14 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 05:00 PM)dubob Wrote:
I asked the state park if the entire reservoir is considered a state park and they said yes. So the entire lake is state park. The entire lake is only open to box elder county residents and with the executive order you can be wrtitten up and fined.
Gabe

My understanding is its not the whole lake just the State Park, so since I couldnt launch my boat today I left it at home and drove to the freeway Bay access point and fished from the rocks, it was pretty slow I only caught 3 cats, but was good to be out and where having fresh catfish for dinner.
(04-05-2020, 01:14 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: My understanding is its not the whole lake just the State Park, so since I couldnt launch my boat today I left it at home and drove to the freeway Bay access point and fished from the rocks, it was pretty slow I only caught 3 cats, but was good to be out and where having fresh catfish for dinner.

I am not telling anybody where they can and can not fish, but you might just want to take a look at what is considered Willard Bay State Park (WBSP).  Here is a picture of the boundry line for WBSP; its the green line that goes all the way around the outside of the reservoir.  HINT:  Every drop of water in the reseroir is in the Park.  Click the picture to enlarge.

[Image: Willard-Boundry.jpg]

If you fish anywhere in the reservoir, you are, in fact, fishing within the park and will be in violation of the Directive if you aren't a resident of Box Elder County.

While it is HIGHLY unlikely that you would ever be checked fishing off the dike where you were, it IS possible.  Just thought you (and anybody else not a resident of Box Elder County) should know that.  It would entirely be your decision to accept the risk of being caught and possibly getting cited for the transgression.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
civ·il dis·o·be·di·ence/ˈsivil ˈˌdisəˈbēdēəns/ noun 
  1. the refusal to comply with certain laws or to pay taxes and fines, as a peaceful form of political protest.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

im smiling cause i was just thinkin and you dont have to ask me wwhdtd?
i was just gonna go find the moderater thread and thank you for being good at it and being fair to me
stay safe
or die trying
for what matters to you
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
Well, I live five miles on the wrong side of the tracks from Willard Bay's South Marina. Probably closer than 90 percent of Box Elder residents. That said, I'm more than willing to obey this order on the off chance it saves one life. Worlds changed and I'm doing my best to change with it.

Larry
Upside: I won't have to say I got skunked at Willard.
(04-05-2020, 03:20 AM)dubob Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 01:14 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: My understanding is its not the whole lake just the State Park, so since I couldnt launch my boat today I left it at home and drove to the freeway Bay access point and fished from the rocks, it was pretty slow I only caught 3 cats, but was good to be out and where having fresh catfish for dinner.

I am not telling anybody where they can and can not fish, but you might just want to take a look at what is considered Willard Bay State Park (WBSP).  Here is a picture of the boundry line for WBSP; its the green line that goes all the way around the outside of the reservoir.  HINT:  Every drop of water in the reseroir is in the Park.  Click the picture to enlarge.

[Image: Willard-Boundry.jpg]

If you fish anywhere in the reservoir, you are, in fact, fishing within the park and will be in violation of the Directive if you aren't a resident of Box Elder County.

While it is HIGHLY unlikely that you would ever be checked fishing off the dike where you were, it IS possible.  Just thought you (and anybody else not a resident of Box Elder County) should know that.  It would entirely be your decision to accept the risk of being caught and possibly getting cited for the transgression.

You hit my hot button Bob. I absolutely hate the fact the Utah has locked every body of water up with a state park. In Idaho public waters actually are public waters and not able to be locked up at a governemental whim. Public boat ramps are jus tthat. You don't have to go through a gate or pay a fee to use them. It's so rediculuous that Utah has been able to get away with locking up all the public waters.
Sunrise on the water
Idaho also has a lot more private lakes with expensive launch fees. I'll gladly take state parks that I can buy a season pass for and be able to fish multiple places without paying overpriced launch fees over and over again.
Personnaly I think this doesn't make any sense.  If Im in my boat by myself what more social distancing do you want.  I see no reason how this is saving someone else or how i might be endangering anyone else.
It isn't the fishing; it's the "tweenums". That means the chance that somebody unknowingly infected would spread "it" to another county while stopping for gas, food, etc.

I agree that it's a burden to those of us in lightly-affected counties, but it is what it is.
How's that seasons pass treating you now? Did you get a refund for the month you can't use it?
(04-10-2020, 11:39 AM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: It isn't the fishing; it's the "tweenums". That means the chance that somebody unknowingly infected would spread "it" to another county while stopping for gas, food, etc.

I agree that it's a burden to those of us in lightly-affected counties, but it is what it is.

Yet the State Liquir stores are open!!!  Well i live in Farr west I should be able to go to willard not much chance of me stopping for food or gas in box elder county.  I understand the concept but once again its like the military cant fix stupid so lets punish everyone instead of a common sense approach.
(04-10-2020, 03:24 PM)goose_716 Wrote: I understand the concept but once again its like the military cant fix stupid so lets punish everyone instead of a common sense approach.
Huh   Before I, and many other Veterans on this site, get all in your face about that statement, would you please clarify what you were implying.  I'd really like to know exactly which 'stupid' it is that you think the military supposedly can't fix.  There are some I would agree with and others I would adamantly oppose.

Bob Hicks, from Utah