Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Project Hope Im not Sorry :)
(03-30-2022, 12:19 PM)duksnfish Wrote: Thanks guys, I thought about taking the seats etc out and just putting full sheets of wood down, may have been the smarter thing to do but sometimes Im not real smart, but, with my health, I couldnt get down long enough to get seats and more out so thats why I decided to cut pieces to fit places that are a bit tight and then use Flex seal around edges to fill in gaps n cracks then use the Flex seal spray over any other lines to waterproof it. I started painting the wood yesterday in my shop so when I get it done, all I have to do is cut to dimensions and then paint the edges so they dont soak up any water/fluids.  This paint is really starting to impress me for the consistency and sand like material in it to keep the non-slip surface. So ya, I knew it would be big but, all I have time right now is time and if I didnt do something now, the floor would be gone and then it would be a lot more challenge to do anything with. Thanks again folks for the comments Smile

If I were in the situation you are now, there is no way I would have taken on the job of replacing the floor on my old boat, so what you are doing is the best approach to dealing with a bad situation.

Messages In This Thread
Boat Project Hope Im not Sorry :) - by duksnfish - 03-29-2022, 12:37 PM
RE: Boat Project Hope Im not Sorry :) - by wiperhunter2 - 03-31-2022, 04:09 PM