Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Gathering/Catfish contest prize awards
Mexican food is one of my favorite so I'm OK with that but really the private room sounds better for the group so both things get accomplished with Sonora it sounds like
Sonora ok with me
There's Always Time For One More Cast
I caught 50+ channels and don't even think I entered any this year! Good job to all those who did though!
Okay Guys Let's do it at Sonora Grill in Ogden, I'll get the address posted.. The $16 deal includes dessert and drinks and a choice between 6-7 entrees.... I'll get the paper work filled out tomorrow, let me know how many to plan on for sure so I can let them know how many to prepare for... Looking forward to seeing you all Wednesday at 5:30... Thanks Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Sonora grill sounds fine.  Whatever you can find is ok.  We have to travel North on Wednesday anyway.
(11-14-2022, 05:38 AM)MrsJ Wrote: Sonora grill sounds fine.  Whatever you can find is ok.  We have to travel North on Wednesday anyway.

Great thank you and see you there... Jeff
I was mistaken on the drink and desserts they are extra $1.99 drink, and $3.99 for cheesecake or flan... I didn't order the dessert or the drinks... Sorry it sounded like they were included, but when I signed up there was a charge.. Meal includes garden salad and choice between four entrees two are pork, one chicken and a fish.... The ones we chose are supposed to all be really good.... We can order drinks separate if you like. The system hasn't confirmed our reservation yet, but after trying it several times I think it did finally go through... I have personal assurances that they will take really good care of us, so it should be a great time... Thanks Jeff
Jeff, I am not going to be able to make it. I forgot about an activity already planned for that night. Congratulations to all winners and participants! Seemed like a great year for bigger cats generally, next year should be good as well.

jack of all tackle, master of none
(11-14-2022, 11:30 PM)joatmon Wrote: Jeff, I am not going to be able to make it.  I forgot about an activity already planned for that night.  Congratulations to all winners and participants!  Seemed like a great year for bigger cats generally, next year should be good as well.

Thanks for letting me know Bret, we'll miss you but fully understand... See you on the ice... Later Jeff
Count me in...plus wife.  We  love comida Mexicana.
looks like it is only me this year
Thanks Pat and John will see you guys tomorrow night, looking forward to it... might be a smaller gathering than most years, but should still be a lot of fun... Thanks Jeff
change my 10 year old grandson wants to come. So its 2 for me. Is there a kids plate?
Hi Jeff,

I thought I was going t obe able to get someone to cover my lab classes this year, but it didn't work out. I'll get there someday, I hope.

Thanks again for all you do!

BTW, I shed my second job a few months back. If I can help at all for next year, please let me know.
Hey John, we'll have to ask about the kids plate, but I don't know if they will be able to offer that.. I'll ask Calvin, he's still trying to get everything lined up for us..

Jim, sorry you can't make it, would have been fun to meet in person.. And I'd love to have your help with the contest next year if you don't mind... Always nice to have others help us make things better...

Need to add a big thank you to Shawn (EyLayo) for helping with the prizes this year (he saved my life), I had very little success with all but one business going to corporate donation sites making it a lot more difficult to get prizes... Do encourage all to support Cal-Ranch where you can, they still rock in providing us prizes... Tell them thanks whenever you shop there and mention BFT sponsorship... Thanks for now... Jeff
Jeff l looks like I'll be able to make it for sure, there was a hiccup but I got it taken care of and I'm bringing Tyler,(tyfighter) and Devon (catslayer). I don't know Ogden so hopefully I don't get lost many times lol. Ive taken a picture of your Sonora grill that you posted and I'll put it in my Google maps and Devons a half decent navigator.....
Hey Justin sounds great... Take 21st off ramp and when you get close to the temple it's just south of there... See you tonight....
John, they said you could order off the kids menu if you'd like... I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tonight... later Jeff
We drove by there yesterday just to make sure we knew where it was and it is a half block off Washington blvd on 23rd street. Kiesel ave is a half block off Washington Blvd.
Thanks Everyone that attended and helped with the event last night, those that helped line up prizes was most appreciated... I'll post a few pix later... again congrats to John as our 2022 Champion, Vi as our southern winner and Devon as our youth winner....  Sure enjoyed visiting with everyone that I was able to get time with, great crew we hang out with and lots of fun stories and great pictures for sure... I'm glad you all enjoy the catfish contest, it's a marathon and our champs really produce some monsters over the six month run... Congrats all and see ya next spring for the 2023 contest...  Later Jeff

[Image: 7-CA48-CC0-32-D0-4-B1-E-99-A3-87-B383205162.jpg]

[Image: D485-D0-B5-BFD0-4773-8-F24-5-E83762972-AD.jpg]

[Image: 0-A09-E63-A-8-CAE-47-B4-B4-D9-F7192279-EAC9.jpg]

[Image: 8-CB753-C1-FB72-4998-9917-68244-A61-DC37.jpg]
Thanks for all your hard work in putting this event together Jeff and Shawn for getting some prizes.  Hopefully next year Holy Smokes will be up and running again. It was good to see some old friends and meet some new ones.