Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Too bad...so sad
Well, well, well...it's taken me days, registered several times under several new user names, something great?  Surely they jest.
25 years and something like 12,000 posts gone, so I can shop,  Angry .
Try to sign in, nope, says my e-mail, the one I've been using for 25 years is not a real e-mail.
Won't reset passwords.

Just dropped in to say bye.  

Troll
(03-09-2020, 06:28 PM)wormandbobber Wrote: Nationwide or not, I hope we NEVER graduate from salmonids to catfish. Maybe the other way around, though....

You can go in and change it to what ever you want to say.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(03-11-2020, 01:54 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: You can go in and change it to what ever you want to say.

I see you changed yours to 'Mike'.  I can see no place in the source code to do that.  Can you point me to the correct section?   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(03-11-2020, 02:17 PM)dubob Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 01:54 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: You can go in and change it to what ever you want to say.

I see you changed yours to 'Mike'.  I can see no place in the source code to do that.  Can you point me to the correct section?   Big Grin

User cp...  edit profile.......custome user title

try this.
               O.C.F.D.
I may have found it.  Just checking to see if its permanent or not.  Wink

Nope; it ain't permanent.  Still looking for the permanent fix.  Mike?  
Big Grin

Quote:User cp...  edit profile.......custome user title

try this.

THAT did it! Cool   Thanks Mike.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Your a Duck Hunting Fanatic,  hwooohoooo
Just like with everything you got play with it Big Grin Big Grin
               O.C.F.D.
Ok....where did the premium board go? I can't find any links to it. Is it still there?
(03-11-2020, 05:26 PM)wormandbobber Wrote: Ok....where did the premium board go? I can't find any links to it. Is it still there?

It left on me yesterday for a while, then it showed back up, I have noticed several thing go and come back.
               O.C.F.D.
wormandbobber pid= Wrote:Ok....where did the premium board go? I can't find any links to it. Is it still there?

It's under Utah premium board... Just below Utah contest board
This is the most juvenial web site I have ever seen. Did they have some grade school student set it up? They totally ruined something good. All the time and hours people have spent posting information and pictures.....gone.
(03-11-2020, 05:39 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote:
wormandbobber pid= Wrote:Ok....where did the premium board go? I can't find any links to it. Is it still there?

It's under Utah premium board... Just below Utah contest board

Not when I open up the site. Underneath the Utah Contests is Boats and Motors.

Attached Files Image(s)

I very much appreciate the forums and the collective knowledge of the group. That said, I am sorely disappointed in the new forum software. It's nearly impossible to use on a mobile device (not mobile-optimized, so micro fonts), and it's heavy handed and slow enough to remind me of the dial up days. Sometimes lightweight simplicity outshines overbearing complexity. The lack of integration and usability barriers to use are most certainly driving away members and weakening the overall community. I used to check in regularly, but I have to admit I don't have the patience most days.
What's a 'mobile device'?  This new software has been working just fine on my Tandy TRS 80.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(03-18-2020, 11:53 AM)dubob Wrote: What's a 'mobile device'?  This new software has been working just fine on my Tandy TRS 80.   Big Grin

I'm pretty sure he is talking about his phone but most people are having zero issues like he is talking about, once they get back on. I really think most of these members that are having issues are caused by the system they are using. For any member that are not having issues, will you post what operating systems you are using, thanks. They are working at getting all problems fixed but if members can help by stating what systems they are using, that would really help.
Also if members that are back on the site know of other members that haven't been able to get back on, please post it here was we can reach out to those members and help them, thanks.
I have had HELP calls from both GSP and fishdigger the past couple of days.  I referred them to the email address to send their request for getting their passwords reupped.  Hope they are able to fight their way back in.  I can provide you with their email addresses if you want to reach out.

I reiterate my point that began this thread...the new system ain't "new and improved".
I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome. Is that what you are looking for? I also had to try many times to get back on and was sent many temporary user names and activation codes but none worked until finally one did. I agree that for many people it is just too frustrating and not user friendly at all. I gave up several times over a few weeks until finally one night it worked but that was after many failed attempts and numerous passwords and activation codes that they emailed to me.
(03-05-2020, 10:37 PM)TubeDude Wrote: I don't have an exact list, but can remember some of them.  However, it should not be too difficult to put together one we like.  If we can find small pics of 8-10 species of fish and then decide where the break points are we can re-engineer it.

Pat, I have noticed that the post status by "fish" name or icon is back on. But it's just the name. So even for an old guy that has fished most of his life, what is a Chain Pickrel ? And what information does the gold stars represent ?
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
The chain pickerel is a small member of the toothy critter family that includes pike and muskies.  A popular fish in the east but pretty much unknown in the west.  But it is a fun fish.  Wear it well until you graduate.

The gold stars are awarded by other members clicking your "like" button.  Evidently, you got a few folks fooled.  Now go out and fool a bunch of big catfish.
(03-18-2020, 01:39 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 11:53 AM)dubob Wrote: What's a 'mobile device'?  This new software has been working just fine on my Tandy TRS 80.   Big Grin
I'm pretty sure he is talking about his phone but most people are having zero issues like he is talking about, once they get back on. I really think most of these members that are having issues are caused by the system they are using. For any member that are not having issues, will you post what operating systems you are using, thanks. They are working at getting all problems fixed but if members can help by stating what systems they are using, that would really help.
Also if members that are back on the site know of other members that haven't been able to get back on, please post it here was we can reach out to those members and help them, thanks.
I'm pretty sure you missed the joke.   Big Grin 
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm now using Linux and tried both Firefox and Chromium browsers to get on with my original username and password. Never did, nor did I ever get a single email with "lost password" codes. Finally gave up and re-registered. Had to change my user name a bit but my original password worked fine. Go figure.

I don't give a whip about post count or "fish level" so I haven't asked to get my original sign-in credentials back.

Like others, I do NOT see this mishmash as an improvement. All the new bells and whistles are just lipstick on a pig, IMO.