Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Park Status
(04-20-2020, 03:36 AM)dubob Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 03:10 AM)Cacti27 Wrote: I fished starvation today and it was open

Do you live in Duchesne County?  Click picture below.  This screen shot was taken 4/19/2020 at 9:30 PM.  Clearly shows it's closed to non-Duchesne County residents.  But then again, I wasn't there today to ask.

[Image: Fred-Hayes.jpg]
Bob, I think you just went over number 900th here with a clear trolling path to the 1000th time. There could be a summons for you to appear in front of the kangaroo court but the jury is scarce as they are making a big splash somewhere. Don't count on me as I will be out there too. Big Grin I will be at the Gorge Tuesday 4-21.  Wink  
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
So, Randy, did you come down to Lincoln Beach this weekend? I'd like to fish with you when you do come down. PM me if you are interested.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Good morning all.. I just phoned and emailed Jordannelle to get access.  Hope everyone will do the same.  
I boated and fished Willard on saturday.  lots of boats and everything was fine plently of room and good coorperation from all.  Saw two small walleyes caught jigging over the rock piles and another fisherman caught one at another spot.  I trolled and caught one 2.5 lb. Wipper, good day for me.  Her belly was full of eggs . Had it for sunday dinner...not the eggs.
Please tell us when you go to Jordannelle, and what the day was like...
Hoping the people in control of Wasatch county will re-evaluate there plans soon.
Email: jordanelle@utah.gov  Hailstone Main Phone: (435) 649-9540
information for all
Utah parks
801-538-boat
usprboating@utah.gov

Wasatch County Parks and Recreation 435-657-3240
Craig, I haven't made it yet. I'm thinking about this weekend. Or maybe next. I want to be there for 3 or four days with a Sunday so a old friend can meet me Sunday morning or Saturday night. The weather doesn't look to bad for Fri, Sat, and Sunday. But the week after that might be better for me.
(04-20-2020, 02:51 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Good morning all.. I just phoned and emailed Jordannelle to get access.  Hope everyone will do the same.

I haven't looked into this enough to know for sure, but Jordanelle may just be waiting for Wasatch County to open up to non-county residents.  So contacting the Wasatch County Board of Health might do more good.  It certainly won't hurt anything.  All but two of the Parks open to county residents only have county no visitors directives to deal with.  Steinaker & Fred Hayes (Starvation) are in Duchesne County which does NOT seem to have a non-resident visitor restriction.  The Parks COVID-19 Update site still shows them open to County Residents only.  Strange!
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I called Wasatch County health this morning also. 435-654-3211 opt 5 opt 1 for the County health. She still wants to blame the State - she said they have no control over the State Parks. I explained to her that the State had lifted the restrictions on the State Parks, but Jordanelle and Deer Creek are still under "local restrictions" which means Wasatch County. If a few more call it might get their attention.
(04-19-2020, 03:08 PM)dubob Wrote: It's a slow day and I had nothing better to do, so I compiled the State Parks into two (2) groups for everybody's use.  The data comes from the stateparks.utah.gov website and was last updated by the state on 04/17/2020 at 1:53 P.M..  I'll try to keep it current, but make no promises as to it's accuracy at any given time you look at it. But it should give you an idea about what is, or is not, open to you based on which county you actually live in.

I talked with a Davis County friend yesterday who said his Davis County neighbor fished Rockport State Park yesterday because he 'heard' the Governor announced the day before that all State Parks are now open. There is a lot of 'I heard from a buddy' or 'someone told me' this or that is true. All un-substantiated from an official source, but believed none the less. (Hey, its on the Internet so it MUST be true - right?)  Even this post isn't an official post. The official source this came from is still located at the link I've posted before and from which this data was copied from:

UTAH STATE PARKS COVID-19 UPDATES

Here are the State Parks with restricted entry:

1. Anasazi State Park Museum – Open to Garfield County Residents Only
  2. Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park – Open to Kane County Residents Only
  3. Dead Horse Point State Park – Open to Grand & San Juan County Residents Only
  4. Deer Creek State Park – Open to Wasatch County Residents Only
  5. Echo State Park – Open to Summit County Residents Only
  6. Edge of the Cedars State Park Museum – Open to San Juan County Residents Only
  7. Escalante Petrified Forest State Park – Open to Garfield County Residents Only
  8. Fred Hayes State Park at Starvation – Open to Duchesne County Residents Only
  9. Goblin Valley State Park – Open to Emery County Residents Only
  10. Goosenecks State Park – Open to San Juan County Residents Only
  11. Green River State Park and Golf Course – Open to Emery County Residents Only
  12. Historic Union Pacific Rail Trail State Park – Open to Summit County Residents Only
  13. Huntington State Park – Open to Emery County Residents Only
  14. Jordanelle State Park – Open to Wasatch County Residents Only
  15. Kodachrome Basin State Park – Open to Garfield & Kane County Residents Only
  16. Millsite State Park – Open to Emery County Residents Only
  17. Red Fleet State Park – Open to Uintah County Residents Only
  18. Rockport State Park – Open to Summit County Residents Only
  19. Scofield State Park – Open to Carbon & Utah County Residents Only
  20. Steinaker State Park – Open to Uintah County Residents Only
  21. Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum – Open to Uintah County Residents Only
  22. Wasatch Mountain State Park – Open to Wasatch County Residents Only

Here are the State Parks without restrictions.

1. Antelope Island State Park - Open to all
  2. Bear Lake State Park - Open to all
  3. Camp Floyd State Park Museum - Open to all
  4. East Canyon State Park - Open to all
  5. Flight Park State Recreation Area - Open to all
  6. Fremont Indian State Park and Museum - Open to all
  7. Frontier Homestead State Park Museum - Open to all
  8. Great Salt Lake State Park - Open to all
  9. Gunlock State Park - Open to all
  10. Hyrum Lake State Park - Open to all
  11. Jordan River OHV State Park - Open to all
  12. Otter Creek State Park - Open to all
  13. PaliSade State Park - Open to all
  14. Piute State Park - Open to all
  15. Quail Creek State Park - Open to all
  16. Sand Hollow State Park - Open to all
  17. Snow Canyon State Park - Open to all
  18. Territorial Statehouse State Park Museum - Open to all
  19. Utah Lake State Park - Open to all
  20. Willard Bay State Park - Open to all
  21. Yuba State Park – Open to all

Question of the day: Can anybody tell me why Strawberry & Pineview are NOT on either list?

[Image: 6HsaTAX.gif]

Damn, I can't even go down and try to access shore fishing on the north end of Powell. Althought the news reported that San Juan county lifted it's restrictions on non county residents recreatig they neglected to include the tidbit that they are still excluding residents of Salt Lake, Summit, and Davis counties as they have shelter in place orders currently! Seems like all the gov did was try to get a little PR win by saying the state parks were open but not really when you read the fine print!
Sunrise on the water
(04-20-2020, 08:41 PM)WET1 Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 03:08 PM)dubob Wrote: It's a slow day and I had nothing better to do, so I compiled the State Parks into two (2) groups for everybody's use.  The data comes from the stateparks.utah.gov website and was last updated by the state on 04/17/2020 at 1:53 P.M..  I'll try to keep it current, but make no promises as to it's accuracy at any given time you look at it. But it should give you an idea about what is, or is not, open to you based on which county you actually live in.

I talked with a Davis County friend yesterday who said his Davis County neighbor fished Rockport State Park yesterday because he 'heard' the Governor announced the day before that all State Parks are now open. There is a lot of 'I heard from a buddy' or 'someone told me' this or that is true. All un-substantiated from an official source, but believed none the less. (Hey, its on the Internet so it MUST be true - right?)  Even this post isn't an official post. The official source this came from is still located at the link I've posted before and from which this data was copied from:

UTAH STATE PARKS COVID-19 UPDATES

Here are the State Parks with restricted entry:

1. Anasazi State Park Museum – Open to Garfield County Residents Only
  2. Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park – Open to Kane County Residents Only
  3. Dead Horse Point State Park – Open to Grand & San Juan County Residents Only
  4. Deer Creek State Park – Open to Wasatch County Residents Only
  5. Echo State Park – Open to Summit County Residents Only
  6. Edge of the Cedars State Park Museum – Open to San Juan County Residents Only
  7. Escalante Petrified Forest State Park – Open to Garfield County Residents Only
  8. Fred Hayes State Park at Starvation – Open to Duchesne County Residents Only
  9. Goblin Valley State Park – Open to Emery County Residents Only
  10. Goosenecks State Park – Open to San Juan County Residents Only
  11. Green River State Park and Golf Course – Open to Emery County Residents Only
  12. Historic Union Pacific Rail Trail State Park – Open to Summit County Residents Only
  13. Huntington State Park – Open to Emery County Residents Only
  14. Jordanelle State Park – Open to Wasatch County Residents Only
  15. Kodachrome Basin State Park – Open to Garfield & Kane County Residents Only
  16. Millsite State Park – Open to Emery County Residents Only
  17. Red Fleet State Park – Open to Uintah County Residents Only
  18. Rockport State Park – Open to Summit County Residents Only
  19. Scofield State Park – Open to Carbon & Utah County Residents Only
  20. Steinaker State Park – Open to Uintah County Residents Only
  21. Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum – Open to Uintah County Residents Only
  22. Wasatch Mountain State Park – Open to Wasatch County Residents Only

Here are the State Parks without restrictions.

1. Antelope Island State Park - Open to all
  2. Bear Lake State Park - Open to all
  3. Camp Floyd State Park Museum - Open to all
  4. East Canyon State Park - Open to all
  5. Flight Park State Recreation Area - Open to all
  6. Fremont Indian State Park and Museum - Open to all
  7. Frontier Homestead State Park Museum - Open to all
  8. Great Salt Lake State Park - Open to all
  9. Gunlock State Park - Open to all
  10. Hyrum Lake State Park - Open to all
  11. Jordan River OHV State Park - Open to all
  12. Otter Creek State Park - Open to all
  13. PaliSade State Park - Open to all
  14. Piute State Park - Open to all
  15. Quail Creek State Park - Open to all
  16. Sand Hollow State Park - Open to all
  17. Snow Canyon State Park - Open to all
  18. Territorial Statehouse State Park Museum - Open to all
  19. Utah Lake State Park - Open to all
  20. Willard Bay State Park - Open to all
  21. Yuba State Park – Open to all

Question of the day: Can anybody tell me why Strawberry & Pineview are NOT on either list?

[Image: 6HsaTAX.gif]

Damn, I can't even go down and try to access shore fishing on the north end of Powell. Althought the news reported that San Juan county lifted it's restrictions on non county residents recreatig they neglected to include the tidbit that they are still excluding residents of Salt Lake, Summit, and Davis counties as they have shelter in place orders currently! Seems like all the gov did was try to get a little PR win by saying the state parks were open but not really when you read the fine print!

Some of you guys crack me up. I have a state fishing licence. If I'm fishing on a lake in Utah then I'm good. I will take my chances with the law. You all put up with Barney Fife at Mantua, right? I' ll take my chance of the same at any water I choose to fish in this state and have no qualms. Big Grin
(04-21-2020, 08:21 AM)Onemadfisherman Wrote: Some of you guys crack me up. I have a state fishing licence. If I'm fishing on a lake in Utah then I'm good. I will take my chances with the law. You all put up with Barney Fife at Mantua, right? I' ll take my chance of the same at any water I choose to fish in this state and have no qualms. Big Grin

Now there's an atitude to be proud of and pass on to the next generation.  "It's all about ME and what I want; to heck with society."  Thanks for caring.  
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Updated: 04/20/2020; 5:15 p.m.

Fred Hayes State Park at Starvation
Duchesne County                                                                  Open to all
Changes where made at 5:15 last night, 
https://stateparks.utah.gov/2020/03/16/c...9-updates/
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
The Utah State Parks COVID-19 Update site was updated 4/20/2020 at 5:15PM.  Here are the 31 State Parks without restrictions.
  1. Anasazi State Park Museum – Open to all
  2. Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park – Open to all
  3. Antelope Island State Park - Open to all
  4. Bear Lake State Park - Open to all
  5. Edge of the Cedars State Park Museum – Open to all
  6. Escalante Petrified Forest State Park – Open to all
  7. Fred Hayes State Park at Starvation – Open to all
  8. Camp Floyd State Park Museum - Open to all
  9. East Canyon State Park - Open to all
  10. Flight Park State Recreation Area - Open to all
  11. Fremont Indian State Park and Museum - Open to all
  12. Frontier Homestead State Park Museum - Open to all
  13. Goosenecks State Park – Open to all
  14. Great Salt Lake State Park - Open to all
  15. Gunlock State Park - Open to all
  16. Hyrum Lake State Park - Open to all
  17. Jordan River OHV State Park - Open to all
  18. Kodachrome Basin State Park – Open to all
  19. Otter Creek State Park - Open to all
  20. PaliSade State Park - Open to all
  21. Piute State Park - Open to all
  22. Quail Creek State Park - Open to all
  23. Red Fleet State Park – Open to all
  24. Sand Hollow State Park - Open to all
  25. Snow Canyon State Park - Open to all
  26. Steinaker State Park – Open to all
  27. Territorial Statehouse State Park Museum - Open to all
  28. Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum – Open to all
  29. Utah Lake State Park - Open to all
  30. Willard Bay State Park - Open to all
  31. Yuba State Park – Open to all
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(04-21-2020, 01:15 PM)dubob Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 08:21 AM)Onemadfisherman Wrote: Some of you guys crack me up. I have a state fishing licence. If I'm fishing on a lake in Utah then I'm good. I will take my chances with the law. You all put up with Barney Fife at Mantua, right? I' ll take my chance of the same at any water I choose to fish in this state and have no qualms. Big Grin

Now there's an atitude to be proud of and pass on to the next generation.  "It's all about ME and what I want; to heck with society."  Thanks for caring.  

Now there's a guy that should run for president, he would fit right in..
(04-20-2020, 03:36 AM)dubob Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 03:10 AM)Cacti27 Wrote: NEW MAP TODAY MORE OPEN STARVATION IS NOW OPEN TO NON COUNTY RESIDENTS Im SURE DUBOB WILL UPDATE IT SHORTLY"

MILDOG OUT
I fished starvation today and it was open

Do you live in Duchesne County?  Click picture below.  This screen shot was taken 4/19/2020 at 9:30 PM.  Clearly shows it's closed to non-Duchesne County residents.  But then again, I wasn't there today to ask.

[Image: Fred-Hayes.jpg]
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
(04-21-2020, 03:11 PM)Mildog Wrote: NEW MAP TODAY MORE OPEN STARVATION IS NOW OPEN TO NON COUNTY RESIDENTS Im SURE DUBOB WILL UPDATE IT SHORTLY"

MILDOG OUT

I already did update it - you need to pay attention in class.  There WILL be a test later.  Big Grin

And YES, Fred Hayes State Park (aka Starvation) is now open to all.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(04-21-2020, 03:35 PM)dubob Wrote: I already did update it - you need to pay attention in class.  There WILL be a test later.  [Image: biggrin.png] And YES, Fred Hayes State Park (aka Starvation) is now open to all.
Ah...... you didnt say anything about those other places, did they change, or are they still not run by the same guys.
[Image: giggle.gif]
               O.C.F.D.
MSM - I'm going to go WAAAAAY out on a limb here and assume you are smart enough to figure out that if there are 31 State Parks now open to all and knowing there 43 State parks in total, then the 12 State Parks NOT mention above are still open only to their own counties residents.   Big Grin

PS: Are we havin' fun yet?  
Cool
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Quote:'dubob' pid='1098348' dateline='1587493185' PS: Are we havin' fun yet?

You better believe it,  always good entertainment,  Big Grin

Be carfull out on that limb, OH.. what color did you get your limit on,
[Image: wink.jpg] [Image: giggle.gif]
               O.C.F.D.
(04-21-2020, 06:35 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: OH.. what color did you get your limit on,

Cotton Candy Pink - of course!
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(04-21-2020, 06:43 PM)dubob Wrote: Cotton Candy Pink - of course!
Dont forget bubble gum, something just that little bit of flavor difference is the key.
               O.C.F.D.